shape
carat
color
clarity

Post diamond rings that you think look RHR and NOT e-ring

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I need some inspiration... I am considering a diamond RHR and everything I find seems to look like I am wearing two engagement rings. My e-ring is an OEC solitaire with pave shank. I wanted a step cut, like a chunky emerald cut diamond, that would look completely different than my OEC. I would be open to other shapes... but just don't want it to compete with my e-ring, but rather compliment as a RHR for daily wear. I am currently wearing a OEC eternity band as a RHR, but I want something more significant. I was looking for a colored stone rhr... but no luck finding the perfect stone so I am considering white diamond instead.

Post diamond rings you think for sure look like RHR!

Thx!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Post diamond rings that you think look RHR and NOT e-rin

This is my EC in its new forever home as a RHR. In its original solitaire setting, it was set too high and the band not wide enough for my liking as a RHR, and I wore it with a 2mm titanium band until now.

ecreset_e.jpg

Good luck with your RHR project and I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a tricky thing to do and a lot of it just had to be point of view. My original RHR was similar to the ritani endless love three stone version, people always asked if it was my engagement ring. I eventually sold it and did a smooth low profile all bezel three stone ring, that too looked er-ish so I am now replacing the center diamond with an amethyst. I really think a nice CS makes for a great rhr, or a ring style that does not focus on a main stone, like something just with pave or a stacked band look.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock

I prefer right hand rings that are interchangeable. Three stone rings work really well. You could reverse something like this and do it with a diamond center and sapphire side stones.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here are some of mine! image_2390.jpg image_2260.jpg image_2378.jpg

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I agree that a lot of rings look like e-rings. I think anything that doesn't have a prominent center diamond works as a RHR (although somehow DK's ring breaks that rule elegantly.)

Nala, I love that middle ring! Is that a pariba?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Attachments

• beaudry_homer_1.bmp
    734.4 KB · Views: 1,475

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My goodness baby monster, thank you! My Beaudry rings are good examples of rings that work as RHR's due to the settings having detail rather than being obvious solitaires. It's funny but I had not even thought of that! Duh!

Simple solitaires always look like e-rings to me. Make it into a three stone and I think it can be either. My other inspiration rings have antique style halos which I think are perfect for right hand rings. Yenny's oval from SS comes to mind as does m2b's large AVC in Victor Canera halo setting. Like you, I have found finding precision cut, durable, high quality colored stones very frustrating, and I am also at the point of thinking of diamonds for another ring. I have sooo many pictures I hardly know which to post. But here are a few.

aquamarine_v2_1024x1024.jpg

gorgeousring.jpg

jeemeraldcutaquahalo.png

_26800.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Then any of Sebastien Barier's settings would be great for a RHR, to me. These are PSers rings.

sebastienbarrier.jpg

sbapacherose.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have trouble with this, I just tend to view an all-diamond ring with a large center stone as an ering. I think something with an airline, and slightly wider halo like dk's beautiful ring would look nice as a rhr. How about a yellow diamond ring ? Or something with pink diamonds, that just strikes me as more of a rhr.

3035_thumbnail_image.jpg

3604_thumbnail_image.jpg

3576_thumbnail_image.jpg

1757_thumbnail_image.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

briangavin_custom_cjf6b_0.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock

I love so many of the rings posted... I know in my heart I want to find the perfect sapphire and it is so frustrating. I do own a three stone diamond ring which almost all stones are same size... but I feel it over powers my e-ring even though the center stone is not much larger than the sides and stones certainly smaller than my e-ring.

Now... if I could find the perfect asscher/emerald cut... I like the idea of putting it in one of those SB settings... that is my second choice idea after a colored stone.

I went through so many of the "show me your..." threads and some of the rings in this short post Knock my socks off for ideas! Diamondseeker2006... I just want to eat up your idea folder! And RandG... can i shop in your jewelry box?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Green with Envy|1423340973|3828959 said:
I love so many of the rings posted... I know in my heart I want to find the perfect sapphire and it is so frustrating. I do own a three stone diamond ring which almost all stones are same size... but I feel it over powers my e-ring even though the center stone is not much larger than the sides and stones certainly smaller than my e-ring.

Now... if I could find the perfect asscher/emerald cut... I like the idea of putting it in one of those SB settings... that is my second choice idea after a colored stone.

I went through so many of the "show me your..." threads and some of the rings in this short post Knock my socks off for ideas! Diamondseeker2006... I just want to eat up your idea folder! And RandG... can i shop in your jewelry box?

Yeah, I have some great rings saved. Just having trouble like you finding colored stones worthy of this level of setting. Diamonds are easier to find for sure. My problem after finding an EC is choosing which setting I would want the most!

However, and am definitely with you on the idea of shopping RandG's jewelry box and a few others!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1423344392|3828985 said:

Yeah, I have some great rings saved. Just having trouble like you finding colored stones worthy of this level of setting. Diamonds are easier to find for sure. My problem after finding an EC is choosing which setting I would want the most!

However, and am definitely with you on the idea of shopping RandG's jewelry box and a few others!

Girl! Did you find an EC? Come clean!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Great suggestions in this thread :)) I personally love this style by Singlestone:

174_0_ss_rose_cut_asscher.jpg

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I feel like adding some colour makes it less eringy. Like this maybe, but with the diamond center. Or anything bolder, like the LM.

idea8.jpg

_26819.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mayk|1423348008|3829034 said:
diamondseeker2006|1423344392|3828985 said:

Girl! Did you find an EC? Come clean!

No, just keeping the old eyes open! I'll let you know if I join the EC club! ;))

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

my right hand ring is an art deco piece-transitional diamond in platinum-and it's the most comfortable ring in the world.
-2_zpsce2462b8.png

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

Diamondseeker's aquamarine posts are amazing, especially the first one.

What about something like this if you wanted to stick with diamonds?

screen_shot_2015-02-07_at_10.png

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

One of my former bosses had something like this one. This particular style also can be made for a princess center. Sorry about my miss last time that you were looking for a non-round. I'm not sure how long your fingers are, but this type of ring looks so pretty on.

screen_shot_2015-02-07_at_0.png

RandG

Brilliant_Rock

You really can-- anytime :) Every time I let something go, I get to shop for something new :)

I searched forever for an emerald cut for a right hand ring and could never find a stone that worked for me. I still search. Here's one I found along the way that I tried then found it uncomfortable on my right hand.

And another sapphire ring that I bought as a right hand ring but wear on my left hand.

I know its a challenge, especially when you're ready for the piece to be on your finger, but take your time. The right piece is out there and will be worth the journey.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

Here is my Rhr. It's more of a band style. I forgot about it! :shock:

_26854.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock

RandG|1423416677|3829354 said:
You really can-- anytime :) Every time I let something go, I get to shop for something new :)

I searched forever for an emerald cut for a right hand ring and could never find a stone that worked for me. I still search. Here's one I found along the way that I tried then found it uncomfortable on my right hand.

And another sapphire ring that I bought as a right hand ring but wear on my left hand.

I know its a challenge, especially when you're ready for the piece to be on your finger, but take your time. The right piece is out there and will be worth the journey.

I am curious... what makes the Ec uncomfortable? I love it... but for me personally I was thinking I would set with traps to be more RH, or maybe like a Leon Mege 5 stone since a solitaire is so e-ring. or i would love a smaller version of that ring and then actually stack it with other solitaire settings! It is hard to tell perspective... but your EC must be a large stone? I want a chunky one... like mini Krupp diamond... if I get one.

And I am looking for the perfect 5ct-ish blue sapphire that will be my dream RHR just like yours! I want to set it in a three stone. I am currently wearing a diamond eternity band on my RH. Very comfortable... but just needs something MORE.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is so pretty SS!

Was browsing around on 1st dibs today, looking at jewelry I can't afford :cheeky:

org_25885v_l.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, JB! I love your find, too! Really different look: vintage yet modern. A wall of white bling. :love:

RandG

Brilliant_Rock

I'm right-handed. Having something largish feels awkward for me. That stone is 2.5ct with a baguette halo so it feels like a 5 carat. Jewelry has to be wearable.

Next to old cuts, I love collecting sapphires. I've gone through quite a few sapphire rings on a perpetual hunt for the perfect one. So I totally relate to your quest and hope you find what you're looking for. It's out there.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock

junebug17|1423433118|3829466 said:
That is so pretty SS!

Was browsing around on 1st dibs today, looking at jewelry I can't afford :cheeky:

This to me totally looks like a RHr. Nice!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock

RandG... I did not even notice the halo! I thought it was just one big stone. very well done setting.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

woofmama|1423356021|3829098 said:
Great suggestions in this thread :)) I personally love this style by Singlestone:

Well done woofmama!! I need this ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results