shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

What do you think of this diamond I found in WF
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-232039.htm

My original ering is 0.575 ct H VS2 ACA. WF is actually on their way in determining whether or not it''s eye clean.

Is it worth it? I started a thread a couple of weeks back and it was unanimous that this will show a huge visual difference. Any input is much appreciated.

1.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I looks beautful. How can you go wrong with ACA and WF''s eyes!!??

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a winner to me!!! Are you going to have to change settings as well, or will you keep the same one?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Splendid choice, I think you will be delighted at how much bigger it looks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great stone and a great size! Then again, I'm partial because my ering is a .81! But your stone looks great and the size is a great one IMO.

ETA: It def. looks a lot bigger than a .50. In smaller size stones even a small difference makes a big visual impact!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there,

Thanks for all the responses!! Actually, I went and reserved this one:
https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-231178.htm

It''s the same size but approx $400 cheaper. I hope it''s still a winner. *crosses finger for eye clean*.

I actually am keeping my original simple setting. I figured I''ll get my dream setting when I get my dream stone (1.2-1.5 ct).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 5:43:21 PM
Author: fabcrab
Hey there,

Thanks for all the responses!! Actually, I went and reserved this one:
https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-231178.htm

It''s the same size but approx $400 cheaper. I hope it''s still a winner. *crosses finger for eye clean*.

I actually am keeping my original simple setting. I figured I''ll get my dream setting when I get my dream stone (1.2-1.5 ct).
This stone looks great as well! I''d ask WF if it''s eye-clean, and they will tell you. How wonderful you can save money and keep the same setting.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Kcoursolle, yes they''re checking if it''s eyeclean or not. I am sooo excited! Can''t wait!!!

It''s so weird because I thought my original ering is a great size then I was hit with the DSS disease
32.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 6:24:28 PM
Author: fabcrab
Kcoursolle, yes they''re checking if it''s eyeclean or not. I am sooo excited! Can''t wait!!!

It''s so weird because I thought my original ering is a great size then I was hit with the DSS disease
32.gif
heehee...I have it too and I''m not even married yet. I''ve only worn my e-ring for about 9 months.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
So the diamond I have on reserve is eye clean!!!! WF says that under a loupe you can easily find a black carbon inclusion. I''m a little bit nervous going from VS2 to SI2 but I really want something bigger!!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
YAY I bought the diamond :) 0.808 here I come!!!! This should suppress DSS for a while

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
There really is going to be a visual difference. 23 points is considerable when the diamonds are under a carat. I have a size 8 finger and a .80 diamond, so it should have a nice presence on your hand. It''s a nice size, and when they are that well cut, they look as big as the average carat diamonds. I also had a .57 round diamond! It wasn''t nearly as well cut, and the .80 blows it away.

Congratulations! I think you will really enjoy the new size.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely will be considerably noticeable size difference. Congrats on the purchase - can''t wait to see it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 10:56:19 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Definitely will be considerably noticeable size difference. Congrats on the purchase - can''t wait to see it!
Ditto, I hope you come back with some pics! Before and after pics would be really fun if you can post them, it would be really helpful to everyone else who is considering upgrading and wants to see the size difference! Congrats on your purchase!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Can''t wait to see pictures!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
When I upgraded I went from a VS2 (1.53) to an SI2 (2.36) which also is totally, 100% eye-clean. I have never been sorry, and I doubt you will be, either! KILLER DIAMOND, congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results