shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible to incorporate old side stones in new setting?

KJM77

Rough_Rock
Hello there,
I'm a long-time lurker, but this is my first post. My engagement ring was a very thin 1.4mm pave band with a 1.3 ct round brilliant center. We recently upgraded to a pave split-shank setting, but I would like to do something to incorporate something from my old setting into the new one, just for sentimental reasons. The side stones on my old setting are the same size and color grade as my new setting. I thought about creating a new wedding band with them, but I just can't seem to find a style that I like next to the split shank. Curved or straight, both styles seem to get lost under this new setting. It's just a personal preference. Since you guys are the experts, I figured I'd ask here. Do you think it's possible to create a halo out of my old side stones? I really love the look of round stones with cushion halos. Do you have any idea what the cost would be for something like this? I've attached a (for some reason huge and sideways) picture of my new setting.
Let me know your thoughts on the cushion halo or any other ideas to incorporate the old setting somehow.

_19455.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not terribly cost effective to add a halo on to an existing setting, and most jewelers won't even do it. I've seen one ring on PS that had it done, but I can't remember the jeweler who did it - hopefully someone else can come along with that information.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results