shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible reset suggestions?

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello creative PriceScopers!

I have an asscher three stone ring in platinum. The center is 0.8, sides are about 0.4 each. I love the cuts of the asschers, however there's always been *something* I don't care for about this ring since I received it almost two years ago. It was to replace my original wedding set when the small center stone fell out. Perhaps the setting, maybe that the prongs are too thick, sits up too high....

Fast forward to now. I've lost some weight and though my ring won't fall off, it tends to move around quite a bit, spin and flop back and forth. So, instead of just resizing, I'm thinking about a reset, although I'd have to get buy in from DH about that!

I'm finding that I really like the looks of bezels (see lil misfit) or semi bezels (D&T I think has one?). Can you all give me some reset suggestions and advice? I'd really appreciate the help!

Here are pics to ponder:

asscheralone.jpg

You can see how high it is off my finger--bugs me sometimes.
bg_profile2.jpg

IMG_0926%20small.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring the way it is, but if you are not happy with the prongs you can definitely get a more delicate version.

You could halo just the center and still have the side stones, or add either channel set of pave to the band and make an eternity of
it. I love the look of channel set asscher stones in either 3/4 or eternity on the band. The three stone look does give great finger coverage and really ups the bling quotient!

Maybe adding a diamond band to the set would do it for you. I do like the look of Leon's bands the best since there seems to be less metal
in them, but sometimes with a lot of stones a little more metal provides relief for the eyes from all the sparkle!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a very similar ring but the sides are traps and not asschers. I bought it second hand and it had large chunky prongs (that I didn't like) but the thing that really bugged me was the space between the central asscher and the sides. It just seemed too large. I got a jeweller to push it all together (didn't tackle the prongs) but the difference, although small and probably wouldn't have been noticed by a non-PSer, was huge to me. It suddenly became much more fluid. Could that be what's bugging you? If you closed the sides into the asscher do you think that might help?

BTW I think it's lovely and would only make a few modifications but wouldn't re-set it completely!

EDIT: Found some before and after photos that you may find interesting.

Diamond Asscher ring before and after.jpg

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
LD,

That may be what bugs me--the gaps. The more time goes on, the less I like the prongs--I feel they are too big or something.

Has anyone ever bezeled a three stone asscher? Anyone with photoshop skills want to try? :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure somebody owns a 3 stone bezelled asscher ring. Not sure if you can search and be that specific but it's worth a try!

I agree about the prongs actually. When I have time I'm going to have mine thinned down. Bezelling (for my ring) I think would be too much metal. I like the way the diamonds run into each other with no metal obstructing them (if you know what I mean)!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love your stones themselves... then I would consider a reset. If you want to upgrade of anything like recut... I wouldn't. This is an expensive time to be re-setting IMO.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1316316738|3019869 said:
If you love your stones themselves... then I would consider a reset. If you want to upgrade of anything like recut... I wouldn't. This is an expensive time to be re-setting IMO.

Why would resetting be so expensive these days? Is it due to the cost of platinum & gold?
I have no interest in upgrading the diamonds--I think they are just fine! They were a *massive* upgrade from the original one that was lost from my wedding set.

Yessie, thanks for the link!

BoulderGal

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote 3-stone bezel!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results