shape
carat
color
clarity

(Possible) Georgian foil-backed ring

fel

Shiny_Rock
This was sold to me as Georgian, made of an unknown metal, real diamonds, unknown center stone. I am fairly certain the center stone is a pink sapphire -- it is very glowy, even in low light, and it has flouro. My guess is that the metal is some alloy of gold in parts and perhaps silver in parts; it is quite shimmery. The back is solid (I assume foiled.). The diamonds were sold as mine cuts, but they don't have the high crown of some mine cuts. Most of them actually appear to be rather clear, and none have dark inclusions. On two of the diamonds there are some prongs balancing them in place, presumably a poor quality repair to the ring.

I am thinking it may be a conversion piece from a Georgian pin or button. That would explain the sides, which appear to be an afterthought made of a whiter metal.

Any information on this kind of ring, or tips on how to keep it clean, would be most appreciated. If you think it may be a replica, I'd like to hear that too -- it wasn't so expensive that I would be devastated.

IMG_0085.jpg IMG_0079.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The style doesn’t quite look Georgian to me, but I’m far from an expert. You could always consult with Jacquelyn Babush, an appraiser I worked with recently. She can do a visual appraisal for $15 and you can contact her via her Ruby Lane shop:

https://www.rubylane.com/shop/aestheticengineering

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results