• B. Asscher cut with pink sapphires

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • C. None of the above

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_9019.JPG So I posted earlier about an emerald cut. I'm still debating it and as I was shopping around, I came upon an asscher cut diamond with 2 pink sapphires. Now I'm torn. Please cast your vote. Both stones are uncertified and estimated weight is .70 and clarity is prob vs2 bc they are eye clean and hard to find flaws with a loupe.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_8949.JPG IMG_9024.JPG Single shots

Rivendell

Shiny_Rock
The asscher with the pink sapphires is gorgeous

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are lovely, but I voted for the EC

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a little tough, I like both! I went with the asscher though, the stone looks whiter and livelier to my eye than the EC...and I like pink lol.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, I like them both too!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a little tough, I like both! I went with the asscher though, the stone looks whiter and livelier to my eye than the EC...and I like pink lol.
This! I definitely can see more life in the asscher. I think that I'm drawn to the EC bc of the elongated look, but when I placed it next to the asscher, the asscher outshined it! Funny how two similar carat weights can look so different size wise but at the same time, they draw your attention in different ways. I think I'm leaning towards the asscher, but now I'm unsure bc of the size. i don't know if I'll be happy with the finger coverage. But yeah, I love pink and have yet to own anything in that color!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_9027.JPG IMG_9027.JPG I don't know why my pics are so blurry. Here is one not as blurry.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Both are pretty. Would the asscher be enough finger coverage for you?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, didn't think about the finger coverage, which is weird because I'm a size ho lol! And EC's are a very flattering look on the hand.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the prices similar?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the prices similar?
So the emerald cut is 1000 and the 3 stone is 1300. 3 stone is set in platinum and will require sizing up.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In general, I like a three stone more than a solitaire for a right hand ring. What size is your ring finger? Because a .70 asscher or emerald cut is small and probably needs a halo to boost the size unless you have a size 3 finger. Plus, I think if you were in love with one of the rings, you'd know. I voted for the asscher out of these two for a right hand ring, but unless your finger is tiny, I am doubting you'd be happy with either one for long.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them both! If they don't find a find a home in your permanent collection, maybe you should tell ME where to find them ;-)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Realistically, could you keep both, decide over time, and sell the one that doesn't work?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Realistically, could you keep both, decide over time, and sell the one that doesn't work?
Lol. It's very tempting to keep both. The price is great for each. But if I bought both, I'd be thinking that I could have used the money to buy a bigger size asscher or emerald.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In general, I like a three stone more than a solitaire for a right hand ring. What size is your ring finger? Because a .70 asscher or emerald cut is small and probably needs a halo to boost the size unless you have a size 3 finger. Plus, I think if you were in love with one of the rings, you'd know. I voted for the asscher out of these two for a right hand ring, but unless your finger is tiny, I am doubting you'd be happy with either one for long.

So I know that I mentioned the size as a concern. But when I think about it, I'm not comfortable wearing two big diamonds. That is, my Ering is 2.2 halo and I don't want to feel too gaudy wearing a huge rhr. I have a 1.5 omc halo that I rarely wear bc of this. I'm not one to rotate my ering so I don't think I'll ever buy a honker for as a rhr. My hesitation with these two choices is that I'm not familiar with how these shapes perform. I don't want them to look dull and lifeless, esp when I'm used to rounds or colored gemestones

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're both beautiful but I think the emerald cut with the wider bands has more presence and as a RHR will be sturdier. can't go wrong with either.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ty all! I chose the asscher and started a thread on smtb!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ty all! I chose the asscher and started a thread on smtb!

Can't wait to see!! So this means the emerald cut is still available ;-)??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results