shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Pave or Plain band for a JbEG Sophie

Which band do you prefer for the JbEG Sophie?

• 2mm pave band like Nossriah's (the ring that sparked it all)

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Rounded tapered band, like on the MWM petite torchiere

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snow_Miser

Shiny_Rock
Due to recent announcements, my SO and I are pushing up our engagement purchase :appl:

The JbEG Sophie ring is one we chose together, and we can't imagine having anything else. Therefore, we will be contacting Erica and Grace soon to have one made.

Ever since Nossirah had his JbEG Sophie made with an AVC I have been in love! But now that it comes down to it, I am unsure whether I want a pave band similar to his or a rounded band like the MWM bands. I would keep the basket the same, but have the band + the taper the same. I like that there is no gap on taper, KWIM?

I realize I will have to give up some of the fleur de lis on the sides if I go with the MWM band, and am okay with that. BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE!!

Help a girl out!

JbEG II.jpg

JbEG.jpg

Tapered ring.png

MWM V.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like both!!

Consider your lifestyle- if you want a setting you don't have to worry about too much go with plain shank as its more durable

AtomicLush

Rough_Rock
I think it's really a matter of preference. I don't like plain bands, so I voted for the pave. Plain bands tend to scratch and show "wear" faster than the pave bands, but you have to take better "care" of the pave. Give and take.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I chose with Pave as I'm a bling girl. You can look at this 2 ways though. If you do a pave ring you can perhaps do a plain wedding band. Or you can do a plain sofie ring and have fun with tons of stacking bands. Regardless I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
JBEG just announced they will no longer be making settings, so if you don't have your order in with them already, then you may have to change plans!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1332785748|3156671 said:
JBEG just announced they will no longer be making settings, so if you don't have your order in with them already, then you may have to change plans!

Really!? Oh, that's too bad - we've been seeing some incredible stuff from them!
Edit - where's the announcement?

Snow - I vote plain and rounded and tapered just like the MM!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1332789489|3156699 said:

Really!? Oh, that's too bad - we've been seeing some incredible stuff from them!

Hey sent out an email to those who are on the list for their monthly sneak peek emails.

It makes me sad that they are no longer going to make settings....time to start brainstorming new ideas for my setting :sick:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
dreamer_dachsie said:
what?!?!?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both look amazing! A plain band is a timeless classic and with the taper, the WB will probably be a tighter/no-gap fit. It allows for blingier bands like anniversary, WB, stackers. And a buff and polish brings it back to 'new' again.

The pave band meets that 'blingaliciousness' head on! 8-) IT does require more care and caution tho...

Hmmm... if JbEG stops setting production, do you have a back up plan???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, someone was making that setting for JBEG, so I think it is a matter of finding out who that is.

You may be back to square one, but I prefer the shank of the e-ring to be plain and the wedding band to have diamonds.

Snow_Miser

Shiny_Rock
armywife13|1332790999|3156709 said:
Yssie|1332789489|3156699 said:

Hey sent out an email to those who are on the list for their monthly sneak peek emails.

It makes me sad that they are no longer going to make settings....time to start brainstorming new ideas for my setting :sick:

They actually said they would still be taking orders through may 31... Hence we are moving up our purchase date :naughty:

I have thought about the plain solitaire with different bands, but I just love that pave... Decisions, decisions :twirl:

I think I might be leaning toward the plain solitaire, but every time I think that, I feel like I regret not having the pave!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might also later be sad you don't have more flexibility with different bands for some variety, but the ring is beautiful both ways!

Good for you that the May 31 date has pushed up your purchase!!!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi there!

Just wanted to hop on and explain :)

We are indeed stepping away from settings (we announced this yesterday and will post it on the site tonight) because our time and resources are limited and we've been stretched too thin. So we made the difficult decision to cease doing settings in order to give our full attention to our first love - acquiring and selling antique pieces.

We will continue taking setting orders through May 31st - for anyone who has been holding off on placing an order, or who wants a matching wedding band, etc. this gives a little time to still place your order.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and compliments of our designs. We really hate to walk away from our Signature Settings, but feel it's the best decision for us at this time, considering all of the various other things we need to focus on and accomplish. The setting side of the business is very creative, collaborative and fun, however it's also very time consuming and more complex than we had imagined. Perhaps one day we'll be able to revisit, but for now the plan is to pull the plug on settings.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
ericad|1332797834|3156801 said:
Hi there!

We are indeed stepping away from settings (we announced this yesterday and will post it on the site tonight) because our time and resources are limited and we've been stretched too thin. So we made the difficult decision to cease doing settings in order to give our full attention to our first love - acquiring and selling antique pieces.

We will continue taking setting orders through May 31st - for anyone who has been holding off on placing an order, or who wants a matching wedding band, etc. this gives a little time to still place your order.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and compliments of our designs. We really hate to walk away from our Signature Settings, but feel it's the best decision for us at this time, considering all of the various other things we need to focus on and accomplish. The setting side of the business is very creative, collaborative and fun, however it's also very time consuming and more complex than we had imagined. Perhaps one day we'll be able to revisit, but for now the plan is to pull the plug on settings.
It is understandable, there is only so much time in the day. ;))

You have made some fabulous rings that many will enjoy for a long time. I have been drooling over them for quite some time now. Maybe if I win the lottery, I will get my diamond paid off and order the Julia before the 31 of may. (a girl can dream!) If not, I will stil be head over heals in love with the gorgeous diamond I am getting from you ladies, and will have an adventure exploring setting ideas. :naughty:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
we undersand, but still sad about it :((

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't blame JBEG, especially if their love is buying and selling antique pieces (which probably is more fun and profitable).

At least there's time if anyone wants one.

Snow_Miser

Shiny_Rock
ericad|1332797834|3156801 said:
Hi there!

Erica--thanks for clarifying things! I got nervous there for a minute! ;))

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Just curious with which ring you ended up with?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results