color
clarity

POLL - Need help picking a winner

Which ring will work best with my E-Ring

• Total voters

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone

Thanks to some extremely helpful PS peeps (shout out to @foxinsox and @StephanieLynn who have been divine) I have managed to curate a list of possible wedding bands.

I have been after a band in the 350-400USD region my hopeful requests were

- Something that looks good on its own or with my ERing
- Something that has some sparkle to it
- Vintage (love the idea of something from the Art Deco period)
- Is safe to wear all the time (not when gardening or cooking that requires hand use or deep cleaning but not something that needs heaps of TLC)

Here are some pics of my dirty Ering with a couple of bands I have at the moment it might sway your thoughts one way or another

With the plain band I wear at the moment

IMG_4798.JPG
This is my original engagement ring a pretty poorly made 3 stone I sometimes wear as a RH ring but not usually as an ERing anymore
IMG_5283.JPG

This is with a sterling silver moissanite band I picked up cheaply on Amazon
IMG_9320.JPG

These are the contenders

RING 1

RING 2

RING 3

RING 4 - this one is pave and needs sizing up 1 1/2 - 2 sizes to a 7 or 7.5 so this might rule it out

RING 5 - a late contender I am not sure how it would sit or the quality of the diamonds

Please feel free to throw anything I may not have thought of into the mix. Or to say why one definitely wouldn't work

S

SallyB

I think Ring 1 and Ring 2 are the same ring,

I wouldn’t risk resizing Ring 4 (pave).

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
ah whoops you are correct.

I don't think I can edit the original post?

THIS is ring 2

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In order of preference 3, 4, 1, 2. I love that curved one and think it would balance your pear perfectly.

syd33

Shiny_Rock
I voted for 3. I was following your original post and loved looking at all of the suggestions.

I just wanted to say that I love your original ER--what do you mean by poorly made? Stones are secure, correct? Would love to see more pictures of it....

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for No 3. The shape will compliment your pear diamond best.
No 1 or No 2 would be my second choice. I wouldn’t go for no 4 due to resizing a pave band more than 1 size can cause stones to fall out.
No to No 5 as well because it will sit way too high alongside your pear diamond and look weird.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for No 3. The shape will compliment your pear diamond best.
No 1 or No 2 would be my second choice. I wouldn’t go for no 4 due to resizing a pave band more than 1 size can cause stones to fall out.
No to No 5 as well because it will sit way too high alongside your pear diamond and look weird.

This.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
You are all awesome thank you looks like it is the way to go and perhaps I can save up and satisfy my vintage desire with a RHR

I voted for 3. I was following your original post and loved looking at all of the suggestions.

I just wanted to say that I love your original ER--what do you mean by poorly made? Stones are secure, correct? Would love to see more pictures of it....

I shouldn’t be so mean about it. It’s a ring bought at a chain jewellery store. I was young and didn’t know what to look for and I got seriously ripped off (when I think what that money could have bought had I known better)

It’s not poorly made I think that was a poor choice of words from me it just doesn’t make the most of the stones it is secure but just a bit meh if you know what I mean.

Having said all that I am sentimentally attached to it as it is my original e ring and won’t be altering it and do wear it ion my right hand often

Will take some pics tomorrow when the sun is out if you like

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for #3 as I believe the V-shape would compliment the pear.

DK :))

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone.

I have gone ahead and purchased it. Even better their website had 20% off so I was able to pay for priority shipping.

Once my credit card recovers from this purchase (hey it is for mothers day after all) I am going to start saving for my dreamed of Art Deco piece.

I wonder if any of the vintage places do a lay-by system hmm

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Two months later the band arrived

I think I may need to redo my Ering in white gold

But then I look and don’t mind the mixed metals

What do people think

The ring is super sparkly and the stones seem a good quality

6427182D-0C87-4D06-BB13-F3DFF6E6DD8A.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! Maybe live with it for a while, it might grow on you and if not then you could reset it.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I like mixing metals, it looks pretty.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could get it rhodium plated first to see if that takes care of your concerns! Less expensive than a reset!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Rock the mixed metals, it brings interest and it's fun.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys I will wear it for awhile can’t really afford to change it up anyway but Always feel better once I hear the opinions
Of the gurus on PS

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rhodium plating is inexpensive and just puts a plate of white gold over the yellow gold. It wears off over time.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mixed metals looks great! I'd rock that happily (my wedding band is mixed metal so I am a big fan of it)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results