Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 3) French cut eternity band, also with milgrain

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 4) none, keep looking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Okay! So a few have suggested I wait for my ering to come in, which I will. But once it does I'll be asking ERD to custom make a wedding band for me. My ering has a small donut so there will be a small gap (which I like a lot) so keep that in mind. I'd like the band to look elegant, timeless, non matching and play a supporting role to the engagement ring. I'd like it to work by itself, as well as beside my ering, as I realized I can't wear a ring on my right hand. It's just not practical for me being a righty. Keep in mind I'll be able to customize anything such as the size of the diamonds, width, height, etc. I love a thin band so it will be 2mm or less. It will be a full eternity with a small sizing bar. The outer edges of my ering shank are around 1.8-2 mm.

1) thin pave band with milgrain
2) curvy band with small rounds throughout, also with milgrain
3) French cut eternity band, also with milgrain

image_1485.jpg
image_1486.jpg
image_1487.jpg

My E Ring - the only thing missing in the CADs are delicate split prongs (like Wendylynne) and the pave and milgrain 3/4 around shank and a simple engraving on the sides also 3/4, and a floral scroll engraving on the horizontal band around the centre diamond.

image_1488.jpg
image_1489.jpg
image_1490.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to choose the first one. I think the stones and milgrain 'go' with your ering without being exactly matching. The second one would work but I don't think I'd like it as a stand alone band for those times when you leave your ering behind. I love the third one but it's just not speaking to me with the CAD of your ring.

I do agree though about waiting until you actually have the ring on your hand to make a decision. I think you're going to have a beautiful set of rings!

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1396114753|3643462 said:
I'm going to choose the first one. I think the stones and milgrain 'go' with your ering without being exactly matching. The second one would work but I don't think I'd like it as a stand alone band for those times when you leave your ering behind. I love the third one but it's just not speaking to me with the CAD of your ring.

I do agree though about waiting until you actually have the ring on your hand to make a decision. I think you're going to have a beautiful set of rings!

+1 the first will look great with your e-ring IMO

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the first band. Have you thought about a band with a scalloped shape and milgrain (like your cut-outs)?

Kinda like this, but with milgrained edges...
bezel_scalloped.jpg

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Too funny...my two favourites are neck in neck. Well the good news is my current wedding ring is 2 mm two-sided pave. It has a curve that won't look good with the e-ring so I'll probably just remake it to be straight. So I think I'll buy a french cut eternity made...perhaps semi to keep costs down. Thanks all! I did consider marquise shaped but in the end it wasn't one of my favourites.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the first one which is similar to mine. It goes with almost any antique style setting.

I love the french cut band, but honestly, I don't see it with your e-ring. I've been out of town..did you get the final cad's yet?

redroze

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1396138221|3643591 said:
I voted for the first one which is similar to mine. It goes with almost any antique style setting.

I love the french cut band, but honestly, I don't see it with your e-ring. I've been out of town..did you get the final cad's yet?

Your legacy band is gorgeous. Do you think baguette would look good. I thought baguettes and french cuts were classic and neutral, kinda like doing a round with baguette sides. Do you think they only look good with antique cuts or step cuts?

Those are the final cads up top. It's possible that they changed the diamond size in the final cads, by mistake. I'm happy with them now. I took your advice to open up the base of the stems.

redroze

Shiny_Rock
I actually have to askERD to revise my cads as I noticed a distinct difference, and a piece of feedback that they didn't incorporate from me. I asked to make the shank rounded...but it's still curved. It makes a difference in the top down view. Glad I caught it before they finished the ring.

Darn I really thought we were close! I hope they have not started on the ring. Maybe I should ask them to mail me the resin before making the ring. What do you think?

This is what the shank looks like...
image_1490.jpg

But it should look like this...v1 which is obviously not right in terms of the melee or cutouts..
image_1397.jpg
But the roundness of the shank IS right...
image_1495.jpg

Which makes a difference in the straightness of the curve...
image_1494.jpg
image_1496.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for #1 as well, since it's what I'd choose if I had to choose one of the three.

That said, I really like msop's idea for the scalloped-edge band! It might be because I have scalloped edges (although mine are all round), but I think something like that would really complement your ering's cutouts.

Since you have the option of designing a custom band (or bands) to go w/ your ering, I think that's what you should do (vs trying to make something work). I went that route when I was designing my new set, and I'm so glad that I did.

You've put so much care and consideration into the ering design that I think you should go for it and make sure your new band makes your heart sing every time you look at it as well :bigsmile: !

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
redroze|1396212371|3643972 said:
I actually have to askERD to revise my cads as I noticed a distinct difference, and a piece of feedback that they didn't incorporate from me. I asked to make the shank rounded...but it's still curved. It makes a difference in the top down view. Glad I caught it before they finished the ring.

This is what the shank looks like...
image_1490.jpg

But it should look like this...
image_1397.jpg
image_1495.jpg

Which makes a difference in the straightness of the curve...
image_1494.jpg
image_1496.jpg

Having just seen your newest post (I think we were writing at the same time :)) ), I'd absolutely suggest that you design your band instead of buying something already made (or trying to modify/remake a style of ring that's already been made).

It's so much fun making sure that every detail is exactly what you want, so I think you should use your ering as the starting point and design something from "scratch".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results