shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Anniversary band half circle or full eternity?

fayewolf

Rough_Rock
For half circle, likely would be Tiffany Novo, or shared prong style? I love the legacy not sure if comes in half.

HALF CIRCLE:
PRO:
Not as thick
Easier to wear
Cheaper!!

CON:
Spins

Eternity:
PRO
Mental thing- feels like its a better value since its alot more diamond but not double the price of half circle,
no worry about spinning

CON
thicker
Cost
May have to resize when I get older??
They don't make my size, (3.5), have to custom made

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer full eternity if budget allows. Just make sure you know your finger size and comfort level in terms of height of the setting.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3/4 and it works well for me. With a 1/2 I worry that the band will turn and I will be able to see metal with a full eternity I worry that I will damage the stones, but I do love them! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the Tiffany bands! I have the Legacy and love it! BUT, I am older and don't expect my ring size to change at this point in life, so I usually recommend to young women to get the half Tiffany bands. I'd really love to have a few of them and would get half bands for any others I buy, because I want them to be able to be easily sized when my daughters or granddaughters inherit them!

fayewolf

Rough_Rock
I went to both Cartier and Tiffany and I love the Tiffany ones by far, also sits lower so it's not overwhelming my ering.

I changed my mind after seeing the shared prong setting, it's so much better looking!!!

Half circle looks much better on my tiny fingers because they don't bulge out like the full circle, but I felt lie the full circle is a better value??

Half circle $2600 .27ctw
Full eternity shared prong- 5600- .86 tcwcheaper because im size 3 1/2 so it would be cheaper.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fayewolf|1342407214|3234578 said:
I went to both Cartier and Tiffany and I love the Tiffany ones by far, also sits lower so it's not overwhelming my ering.

I changed my mind after seeing the shared prong setting, it's so much better looking!!!

Half circle looks much better on my tiny fingers because they don't bulge out like the full circle, but I felt lie the full circle is a better value??

Half circle $2600 .27ctw
Full eternity shared prong- 5600- .86 tcwcheaper because im size 3 1/2 so it would be cheaper.

Just look at it this way. If later on you have to have the setting totally remade because it doesn't fit, it is going to cost a lot more than a resize! I think if the .27 looks better, I absolutely would choose it! I do love how low their bands sit.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3/4 eternity and the spinning bothers me so I don't think I could ever do a 1/2 circle. So my vote goes for the full eternity.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I love my full eternity! Spinning is never an issue!!

My vote goes to full eternity for sure.

Good luck!

Cachette :))

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what you mean by "Thicker?"

Anyhoo - I have (lots) of both. I love them for different reasons. When I stack bands, I prefer my full eternities, b/c if they're not lining up that just looks bad. If I'm wearing one band, the 1/2 eternities are very pretty - I actually like the side view where the stones end and it's plain band against plain band. The sizing is tough. If you get full eternity go a smidgen bigger. I wore 4.25 for years, but I cracked my knuckle against my washing machine lid and it's never been the same; so while my finger size is the same, it's torture to get my little eternities over my fat knuckle. Never saw that one coming!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cachette|1342457212|3234852 said:
I love my full eternity! Spinning is never an issue!!

My vote goes to full eternity for sure.

Good luck!

Cachette :))

Ditto- no question for me. I love my eternity and would never do 1/2 or 3/4 for the spinning issue. I need symmetry. :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore half eternities. So much better value IMO. I've seen too many cracked stones in my families/friends eternities to ever buy one for myself, plus there is the fact that the bling concentration at the top of my finger is what I want. And being able to size it is important to me.

fayewolf

Rough_Rock
motownmama|1342459364|3234873 said:
Not sure what you mean by "Thicker?"

So, when i put both rings on m finger, due to the added diamonds beyond the "top view" if looking down via birds eyes view onto ring. The side of the ring will have diamonds so no doubt it will bulge out rather than the flat metal if it were half circle.

Dont know if this makes any sense?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have a half eternity band and it doesn't spin at all! I would worry about the diamonds on the palm side of a full band ring, aren't they more prone to damage?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing with half eternities (and this is just my observation) is that I am constantly seeing more than the top half. I am in motion and not static and moving my hands and I am always seeing the underside of my hands as well as the bottom half of the eternity. So if I didn't have a full eternity I would be constantly seeing platinum and not diamonds. And there's nothing wrong with that of course- it's all about what you want. I like seeing all diamonds all the time. :love:

And I have never had any damage to any of my stones so far. It's a shared prong eternity wedding band and my ER band is also a shared prong eternity and so far both rings are A-OK and I am not easy on my rings but I don't think I am hard on them either.

fayewolf

Rough_Rock
Am I calculating this wrong?????

Half circle is 13,000/ct vs full eternity at $6280/ct??
Huge diff!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results