shape
carat
color
clarity

Point and Shoot Digital Cameras

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so my Kodak Easyshare camera controls got all distorted carrying it my handbag and now it is permanently set on video mode. I need another point and shoot (I cannot use my cell phone camera at all!). I was looking at the Canon Powershot a2200, mainly because it uses rechargeable batteries and I can get it for under $100. Anyone have this camera? Any other recommendations? I will be purchasing it by the end of the day to get the free shipping and the price ($40 off regular price)

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I have the Canon Powershot A3300 and I imagine they are pretty similar. Its a great camera, easy to use and very good value for the price point. Macro mode is pretty good too. I would definately recommend this series of camera.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I did some more research and am nixing the Canon a2200. (I will look up the a3300 Lottie).

The other one that I like the reviews on is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH25 (about $20 more).

I don't know why these are all 14 - 16 MP cameras. I don't make poster prints, yet I can't find any 8 MP point and shoot)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Soocool, I've been using Panasonic P&S cameras for years and I really like them. I'll have to check which is the current model Panny I'm using now, but thus far I've been pretty happy with the pictures. I'm don't expect super wonderful pro-style pictures, but it takes good quick shots and HD video.

I'll be back later with the model # of my current camera.

~LC

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, Soocool,

I recently bought a Canon Powershot Elph 300 HS and I love it. I don't remember which Canon I was using before, but I loved that one and I love this one even more.

I put up a bunch of pictures of my ring recently, and I took them all with this new camera:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...y-o-p-next-to-my-f-g-rb-eternity-band.166808/

It takes wonderful shots. I don't know how to do anything special with it, so I really do just point and shoot.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1319152328|3044490 said:
Hi, Soocool,

I recently bought a Canon Powershot Elph 300 HS and I love it. I don't remember which Canon I was using before, but I loved that one and I love this one even more.

I put up a bunch of pictures of my ring recently, and I took them all with this new camera:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...y-o-p-next-to-my-f-g-rb-eternity-band.166808/

It takes wonderful shots. I don't know how to do anything special with it, so I really do just point and shoot.

Haven, Until I read your post I was pretty much decided that I wanted the Panasonic Lumix. Now, however, I did some research on the Canon Elph 300HS and found fantastic reviews. I didn't want to spend more than $100 (would go up to $120 at most). The cheapest I found this one was $189 on Amazon.

I am going to look at both the Panasonic and the Canon in person and see which one I really like and then I will put it on my Christmas wish list. I guess I can wait a couple more months for a camera. Thanks! :wavey:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I looked at the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300HS today and decided that this is the camera I want. The Panasonic looked cheap. So, Thanks for the recommendation!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results