shape
carat
color
clarity

Please thoughts on 3.11 GIA OEC from Ivy & Rose for my e-ring

shesastunnah

Rough_Rock
I'm basically looking for the largest old euro/old mine, posssssibly antique cushion, I can get for around 18K. I'm assuming prices listed are negotiable to some extent (Adam showed me a stone listed 22.5k and said he sell it to me for 19.5k whaaaaaat). I've seen color options from L-ST and am comfortable with the lower end of the spectrum. I'm also ok with the SI grade as long as the inclusions are not visible to the naked eye, esp under the table, or can be hidden by a prong. I want a skimpy 4 prong solitaire like RC's Whisper Thin (maybe not thaaaat thin) so not sure that can cover much lol. EGL reports are ok and I'm aware it is usually off by a couple grades in color and clarity. Features I like are: lots of fire, all facets mostly lit, pastel colors, no dead spots (I guess everyone wants that, right ;-)) small table, large culet w/ lots of kozibe, 100+ years old. FYI I'm an antique cut novice so I'd appreciate any advice!

Here's one I found - can all the awesome PSers give me your thoughts on this one and suggest any others?

I've reached out to Adam/OWD but he's only shown me 2 options, one which I specifically requested that I found on his instagram. I've contacted I&R and IIya says he has a couple other larger options similar to this 3.11 but they are "in the queue" to be photographed so too bad I'll just have to wait? I emailed him twice abut seeing the other stones and both times he's said it's in the queue. I'm seeing JBG and SinglestoneLA tomorrow - hopefully they have some good options but until then, please let me know how this one scores! Thanks!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d take a chance on the Ivy and rose one.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the I&R one has potential. What's the return like?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Ivy and Rose has a good return policy usually. Grace will be more expensive. I would look at Love Affair Diamonds too. She's wound down her business, but is still selling her inventory.

Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grace, and especially SingleStone, will be a lot more expensive.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I like the second video better. Beautiful stone and great price too.

Is this the same ivy and rose vintage on etsy? I'm curious.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
* * * I'm seeing JBG and SinglestoneLA tomorrow - hopefully they have some good options but until then, please let me know how this one scores! Thanks!
Should you be leaning toward purchasing a Single Stone diamond, ring or other jewelry piece, please make sure that you are advised of their return policy before handing over your credit card. The last I remember hearing here -- and granted, it's been several years -- is that in-store purchases cannot be returned for a refund; SS offered only an exchange/credit. (Generally speaking, there's a 7-day return policy for online purchases made thru their websiite... unless it's a sale item, special/custom order, re-sized or engraved before shipping to you.)

Will be interesting to hear how many of SS's loose, old cut diamonds now have lab reports from GIA (or AGS).

Hope you have a fun day!

shesastunnah

Rough_Rock
Will be interesting to hear how many of SS's loose, old cut diamonds now have lab reports from GIA (or AGS).

Singlestone:
It seems you are spot on, the 2 stones I was considering did not have reports. They did say they would be sending it in after all their clients had seen it. Please ignore my furry fingers! Bottom left is 3.27 ST VS 9.46mm and bottom right is 3.13 OP VS1 9.69mm

E449A855-4CE0-472F-9729-58A679BEEFFD.jpeg

JBG:

D0F7E713-46B4-443B-A305-5588861A0980.jpeg
Top to bottom:

2.47 M

2.91 L

2.02 G

Reactions: AV_

shesastunnah

Rough_Rock
Here’s another video of I&R 3.11 GIA N SI1 9.27x9.03x5.86 (bottom) alongside a 3.38ct uncerted that Ilya says is maybe an N VS1 9.28x9.20x6.37 (top).

Any thoughts good or bad for either of these?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like any of the Singlestone diamonds. All of them have mushy/leaky facets under the table or fish eyes.

The JBG stones all look good. That OEC is pretty classic cut with the petals under the table. I wouldn't pay for G color personally.

The 3.11 from Ivy looks good to me. I like it better than the comparison stone in the last video, which looks lazy/mushy under the table like the single stone diamonds.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That I & R one looks nice! And the price seems right.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I&R has a nice return policy if you go that route. I returned a pair of OECs and it was very easy, Ilya is very nice to work with.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm liking the I&R 3.11 from what I see.

Would be nice if you had a more up close video of the 3.11 and 3.38.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm liking the I&R 3.11 from what I see.

Would be nice if you had a more up close video of the 3.11 and 3.38.

Agreed. For some reason my computer wouldn't play the videos at any resolution higher than like 300. But I do like it from what I see!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The ST looks interesting - I am looking for higher contrast from facets acting like mirrors; I'd want to see what it does over a range of positions with the crown then table than opposite crown area facing up. I'd want to see what it does with a YG bezel for colour.

Then, the 3.13 seems brighter than the 3.11 or the 3.38 - it plays down color unlike the ST; I might wish for obvious optical symmetry in such a bright stone - and it may well be good enough as is, or very close.

thinking out loud

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results