shape
carat
color
clarity

Please tell me I made the right decision. .76ct w/6 prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dwnthehatch

Rough_Rock
After all the studying on this forum I bit the bullet and ordered my e-ring.

I purchased THIS stone and THIS ring. I just really started getting concerned that the 6 prong setting will overpower the stone. Does anyone have any pics of similar size stone with this setting? They are building the ring right now making sure the inside prongs are polished and that none of the arrows are covered by the prongs. Should I have gone with a 4 prong setting with this sized diamond?

Specs:
0.76 ct H VS1 A Cut Above H&A

. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.760
. Depth %: 61.2
. Table %: 55.3
. Crown Angle: 34.7
. Crown %: 15.5
. Star : 50.6
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 76.2
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 5.89-5.91X3.61
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

DI40X_AGS-7761507.jpg

IS_AGS-7761507.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
Great diamond
30.gif
30.gif
SUPERB numbers and a beautiful choice!

Personally, I think you will be fine with the prongs, WF do a superb setting job and will take your preferences seriously with your setting. 4 or 6 is a matter of preference too, some say 6 prongs make the diamond more round looking and more secure, others prefer 4 as they feel it shows off the stone more, but I think in that size diamond 6 prongs is fine, nice size too!

Also check out this thread Diamonds of a carat and under to see some examples of similar sizes with 6 prongs.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This will be fine. I have seen many stones this size in a 6 prong Tiff setting. Looks very good.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered who got that stone! It was high up on my list for a pair of studs! It is wonderful that it will be in a ring, though! And of course the Tiffany setting is fine with a stone that size. Just tell them you want tiny prong tips like Mara''s!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You absolutely cannot go wrong with a stone or setting like that!!! I agree with the suggestion that you could ask them to make the prong tips nice and delicate!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did beautifully!! Congrats on your purchase.

dwnthehatch

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. The rings should arrive tomorrow.

TroyDunn_1208a.jpg

TroyDunn_1208b.jpg

TroyDunn_1208c.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Thanks for updating us with pictures. I love knife edged tiffany settings, classic with a twist. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results