shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Talk to Me About Your Sofa

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've had microfiber suede for the last 10 years or so. It has held up very well. Cleans up nicely when there is a spill or accident. Doesnt pull if you
have cats. Doesnt seem to collect fur (cats again).

That being said, I just ordered non-microfiber couches from Havertys. I was ready for a different look...hope I didnt make a mistake. I havent received
them yet.

Here is the style I ordered except in an 89 inch couch and 86 inch loveseat. The fabric actually has a pretty pattern to it but you cant see it in the picture.
I stayed with a darker color to help hide any stains. I really wanted to go lighter but I was too afraid it wouldnt hide stains. Its suppose to be here next
month.

Capture.PNG

Module

Shiny_Rock
We have three Hancock and Moore, one couch and two chairs, for over 5 years, highly recommend it. When doing research on furniture purchase, I found the a forum about it (http://www.myfurnitureforum.com). It has tons of information in the FAQ section on what makes good sofa, the structure of the frame, the way of how springs tied together and the grades of leather.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 knoll sofas, don’t ask me why I wanted them, I doubt we’ll ever drop the ends down, I just wanted them, and I love them. 78F17C98-5528-4356-BEDA-A980F509C94F.jpeg 85CC1E90-6EA5-466A-B35B-B34A63EFA0BB.jpeg 2B0C7E8A-123C-4D5D-AE16-50A166D93CAA.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Virginia house never had the dog we had then on the furniture. Two rooms (den and great room) have sofas. Small Connecticut house has had two dogs on the couches in one living room. Both couches are leather. Current dog (the terrorist) made holes in one couch with claws by "nesting" there and then started to take out its stuffing as if it were a stuffed animal. I don't want to buy another good couch, so I use duct tape on the holes to keep the dog from ingesting the innards of my couch. Duct tape has to be reapplied every few months.. No gracious entertaining.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
We’ve got Ethan Allen. Fabric sofa, fabric side chairs and leather chair and ottoman in our living room. Fabric sectional and leather chair and ottoman in our loft. Very happy with both sets! Love having a designer who can pull together a room for me!

ETA: I’m now seeing this post is 2 years old. Sorry!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I’m obsessed with Istikbal furniture. From what I understand it’s like IKEA in Turkey, but their furniture has form and function. The couches double as storage and futons, and they use box springs on both the seat and back so they feel like proper inner spring mattresses if using as a guest bed. We have more extra bedrooms than we need so we don’t really need to use them as beds but we still like the way they look. They work for our minimalist aesthetic, right with our Mart Stam chairs.

It’s hard to find a showroom unless you’re in the NY/NJ area. I bought my first Istikbal couch in the northern Virginia area but I don’t even know if that store exists anymore. I think it was next to a bunch of Turkish grocery and furniture shops.
The video doesn’t show what we have but does show the mechanism on how it works as storage and an extra bed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results