shape
carat
color
clarity

Please talk me down

mamasooz

Rough_Rock
I bought a diamond online a couple weeks ago...I brought it to Be checked with the Gia certificate and the appraiser said it checked out... Then I see this on EBAY today. 38A6B46B-F9B8-4FBE-8ECE-071B904A080D.png That is the the same Gia number. I have that diamond with me..How can that be?

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Compare the inclusion plots before you panic! The appraiser should have picked up if they are different. Could be a listing error?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few questions/thoughts:
  1. Is the diamond on eBay right now being sold by the same seller as your diamond? I'd be worried if it was. If it's a different seller, then they might have stolen the images.
  2. Does your GIA report number show up when you search for it on the GIA website? If it does, then at least you know the report is real.
  3. When the appraiser inspected your diamond, did he/she test that it actually is a diamond, and compare the inclusion plot to the report? If the appraiser did and everything matched up, then I think you're fine.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few things to consider.
Where did you buy your diamond
Who is using that photo ? Do they have a lot of sales? Do they have none? Do all the listings they have completely different style photos?
Did the appraiser check the laser inscription on your diamond.
Is your Gia cert real hard card stock or a piece of paper.

I just searched on eBay for that and it appears to be a scammers account (I checked all the things I just listed you to check)
Did you buy your diamond from them?

mamasooz

Rough_Rock
No I bought it from A different jeweler.The diamond is not laser inscribed but the appraiser compared the inclusion on the Gia certificate to ones he saw on the diamond and they matched up.
Does any one have any suggestions of what to do?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the appraiser confirmed that the inclusions of your diamond match the GIA report, and assuming the GIA report itself shows up on their site search, then I think you’re in the clear. It’s up to you if you want to report the scam eBay account or let the seller of your diamond know so they can do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results