shape
carat
color
clarity

please spare my friend some healing dust

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
one of my girlfriends was brutally attacked this past Saturday night. she was getting off the bus in front of her apartment complex, and a guy came and basically dragged her into the nearby woods, beat her and attempted to rape her. luckily she was able to fight back and eventually scared him away, but he got away with her wallet and phone. afterwards, she ran back towards the street to flag someone down for help and a nice woman eventually stopped, took her to the hospital and stayed with her until her boyfriend was able to come.

she''s been released from the hospital since then, but she''s got two black eyes, some teeth knocked out, and multiple scratches and bruises. she also doesn''t have any family around so we''re trying the best we can to be there for her, but it''s been tough. she lives by herself and understandably, she doesn''t want to go home so she''s been staying with her boyfriend until she''s ready to go back. however after this, i''m pretty sure they''ll be finding a different place to live together.

i want to say that everyone should always be aware of their surroundings at all times, and to never let your guard down, however my girlfriend still got attacked even when she always took these precautions. anyway if you have some spare dust for my friend, it would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/maryland-attempted-rape-111609

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a horrible thing to happen. I''m glad she fought back and got away. I hope she gets some therapy/help to work through the situation.

April20

Ideal_Rock
What a horrific thing to happen. How strong and brave your friend was. I wish her well on her road to recovery.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my. Huge, heartfelt hugs to your friend, VIP. I hope she makes a speedy recovery physically, mentally, and emotionally. So sorry to hear about this.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds absolutely horrible. I hope she has a quick recovery - both physically and mentally. Keeping her in my thoughts.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry to hear about your friend. Lots of healthy healing (physically as well as mentally) dust coming her way.
No one should have to go through that.
29.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
vip that is just HORRIBLE! big hugs to your friend, how strong of her to fight him off and be able to function enough to find herself help! And what a blessing that woman was. I do hope she moves, as that place will always have terrible memories for her.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is awful
8.gif
Lots of healing dust headed your friends way. I hope she is able to get through this traumatic incident and seeks professional help if necessary.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healing dust to your friend. I can''t imagine what she must be going through emotionally right now.

What a low-life scum. Did they catch him yet?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I hope that man gets a beatdown of his own... in prison. Because that is where he''ll end up.

I''m so sorry about your friend, and happy she was able to fight back. I hope she heals quickly, from the physical bruises to the emotional ones.

**DUST** to your friend.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m hoping the catch the dastard.

she''s a survivor. she just proved it.

mz

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Tons of dust for a speedy recovery both mentally and physically. So glad she got away.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
OMG how scary! I don't blame her for not wanting to return to her place, how sad!! Good thing she escaped... yikes! Hope she is okay.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. I''m SO glad she fought and made it out, and that she has friends and SO to lean on.

Praying for a complete recovery, both physically and mentally.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lots of prayers and dust for your friend. She''s a very strong woman to have fought off the attacker! So extra prayers of thanks that she wasn''t the victim of rape as well as assault.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of prayers and dust for your friend. She''s very brave indeed and I hope they catch that creature soon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my, prayers outgoing; how horrible. lots of healing vibes your friends way.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending loads of healing dust your friend''s way - so glad she was able to fight him off.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 1:09:44 PM
Author: movie zombie
i''m hoping the catch the dastard.

she''s a survivor. she just proved it.

mz
Ditto. Sending lots of healing prayers her way. You are a great friend, she''s going to need lots of support. What a terrible thing to happen. Breaks my heart. But more than that?? Pisses me off.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she has a quick recovery both physically and mentally. so many crazy people in this world.
38.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no!... dust and my prayers that she recovers quickly... I hope law enforcements find him quick so he doesn''t get a chance to do it again
29.gif
to someone else. I just don''t understand how someone could do this to another human being
38.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how awful! I''m so glad she was able to get away! Sending lots of healing dust her way!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Sending dust and prayers to your friend. That''s a horrific, awful thing to happen to her and I hope she recovers physically and emotionally.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, hope she''ll be OK. What a terrible thing to happen to her.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, thats awful! Almost the exact same thing happened to my sister. I understand the mental damage that can result from it. I hope she gets the support and help she needs. My thoughts and prayers are with her! ~*Dust*~

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your friend. I hope she recovers quickly.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Just terrible!
29.gif
I hope she feels better soon and they find that SOB.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
prayers outgoing

She should have been met at the hospital by a crisis center worker make sure she follows up with them.
Some self defense classes would also really help.
It would help give her back her sense of control.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i just wanted to update and say thank you for all the thoughts, prayers and dust. it really did work since they caught the bastard!
36.gif

a couple of days after the attack, her BF checked her phone records and saw that the guy made an 11 minute call. he immediately forwarded the number to the police, hoping it would give them a good lead. now here''s the kicker: her iPhone that got stolen had her Yahoo e-mail account set up on it. on her computer one day, she checked her sent folder on her e-mail, and realized that the guy had e-mailed a picture of himself! disturbingly, he looked quite proud of himself in the photo but on the other hand, he basically handed her evidence. the next day, they got a call saying that he had been arrested.
9.gif

it turns out that the "guy" is actually a kid...15 years old to be exact.
32.gif
it''s unclear at the moment if he''ll be charged as an adult, but we sure hope that he does! i''m not too clear on how MD state law handles minors in these cases, but we''re afraid that all he''ll get is a few years in juvenile detention and then probation when he turns 18. the kid''s lawyer could state that he had a rough upbringing and that if it''s his first offense, he could get off easy. i don''t know about you, but even if it is his first offense, it''s a pretty serious one! i don''t know...there are so many varying factors, but we''re keeping our fingers crossed.

as for my girlfriend, she''s doing a lot better physically and mentally. her bruises and scratches are almost healed up, and she''s already made an appointment with her dentist to fix her two teeth. she''s also been following up with her counselor, and is planning to take a self defense course in the near future. to top it off, she''s in the process of moving out of her apartment since the county found her another place with cheaper rent, and her BF will be moving in with her.
9.gif

all in all, she considers herself lucky since it could''ve been a lot worse. as she puts it, the kid didn''t have a knife or a gun, he didn''t rape her, he gave her evidence and he got caught. she''s definitely counting her blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results