shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your weightloss motivation secrets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock
I posted this on one of the other forums and was directed to here..... Gosh I can''t believe how many worlds exist here for me to get sucked into
9.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/share-your-motivation-secrets-for-weightloss.86020/

I am requesting some successful secrets to get and stay motivated about losing about 10 pounds with bathingsuit season here!
14.gif

I am TERRIBLE..... I have a gym membership but only get there about 1 time per week. I need some tips that help with motivation or keeping myself accountable. I really can''t afford a personal trainer at this time. In the past the only time I was totally motivated was my wedding and honeymoon in Fiji..... enough said on the motivation success factor there....

Any tips that have worked for people would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks everyone

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I try to keep in mind the cost of what I am about to eat, and decide if it is really worth having those ''fat days'' where the mirror seems to hate me. If you drink booze you might want to cut that out of your diet; again I think about how I could have one drink, or one satisfying meal.

I also try to do things with my guy; when it''s time spent together it''s less of a drag to exercise.

Also, keep your daily calories needs in mind; on the days you''ll be lounging around the house or sedentary at work, plan a lower-calorie day vs. one that will involve lots of exercise.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a gym buddy that you can go with? Or treat yourself to a new item (maybe a bathing suit seeing as it''s the season) for every couple of pounds that you lose. Take it day by day. Maybe write down what you''re eating so that you can keep track and notice where you might be going wrong. Are there any classes at your gym. I adore salsa step and aerobics so it doesn''t feel like exercise to me and I have fun. You''re much more likely to keep going if you enjoy what you''re doing.

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 1:57:49 PM
Author: Galateia
I try to keep in mind the cost of what I am about to eat, and decide if it is really worth having those ''fat days'' where the mirror seems to hate me. If you drink booze you might want to cut that out of your diet; again I think about how I could have one drink, or one satisfying meal.

I also try to do things with my guy; when it''s time spent together it''s less of a drag to exercise.

Also, keep your daily calories needs in mind; on the days you''ll be lounging around the house or sedentary at work, plan a lower-calorie day vs. one that will involve lots of exercise.
Totally having one of those WEEKS! My jeans hate me right now too I think!
39.gif

I really need to remind myself of that.... I did ok today.... my son''s sour mike and ikes were calling my name in the cabinet about 10 minutes after I posted and I reject them
36.gif
I guess it''s just one day at time at first!
Thanks

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 5:39:41 PM
Author: bee*
Is there a gym buddy that you can go with? Or treat yourself to a new item (maybe a bathing suit seeing as it''s the season) for every couple of pounds that you lose. Take it day by day. Maybe write down what you''re eating so that you can keep track and notice where you might be going wrong. Are there any classes at your gym. I adore salsa step and aerobics so it doesn''t feel like exercise to me and I have fun. You''re much more likely to keep going if you enjoy what you''re doing.
Yeah, I think I am getting to the point where I think day by day is the best approach. There are classes at the gym but they are at times it''s tough to get there... i.e. getting home from work, making dinner for family, etc. But... that''s also probably an excuse becuase there are plenty on the weekends too and we haven''t been doing much other than family time and hanging out on weekends lately. I should start writing it down... I would probably think twice about it if I had to write it down. Thanks
2.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I hear you! In the past, I''ve tried everything - buying a pair of skinny jeans (effect: I wore pants that were too tight), a personal trainer (effect: a better body, no $$), long-term weight loss goals written on the calendar (effect: nothing but sadness when date passed), etc.

Here''s what I just started and so far so good - instead of a weightloss goal, I''ve made a goal for my body''s ability. I want to run (jog) 2 miles by the end of this month. So every day, I''ve been working on it. I feel good about this one because I have control over it - with my other goals, there have been too many other contributing factors that I can''t control - water weight, metabolism, muscle gain, whatever. This time, I''m focusing on what I can do instead of the effects that I hope my activity has. And, to reach my goal, I''ve been trying to eat healthier, and since I can''t use the same muscles every day, I''ve tried a class, been biking, etc, too - so lots of different stuff to help me make that 2 miles.

So maybe your goal could be to work at a certain pace on the elliptical for 40 mins, or to do an entire class at the gym full-out - whatever it is, if we''re focusing on what our bodies are capable of doing instead of what we''re convinced it might not do, I''m guessing it will have better results.

OH! And because I can''t help but treat myself a little (you know, since I''m not buying those skinny jeans this time), I also got myself a cute new iPod shuffle with a little engraved message to keep me moving and filled it with upbeat songs to keep me going as I work out :)

Best of luck meeting your goal!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, Elmorton, I like your idea! My goal will be to swim 30 laps
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I would, but I think it''s against forum rules to post nude photos of ourselves.
rotflmao2.gif
shootmenow.gif
scram.gif

shay

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
One thing that works for me when I really feel yucky, and need to watch it, is weaing tummy control undies , like Victoria Secret or Spanx. The kind that really suck you in. It makes me always concious of my middle, so I am full quicker, and when I reach for the chocolate I remember my diet(at least 50% of the time anyway
9.gif
)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
My motivation is looking at old photos of me looking like a fat porker, then looking at my wedding photos where I had my first good photos in many years...That's motivation enough!

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Really tasty healthy food and snacks cost $$. I try to bribe myself to eat better by giving myself a larger food budget if I buy healthy foods. This sort of works for me. For example, a nice looking salad might cost $8, and the burger is only $5. As I am a cheap-skate, I have a hard time justifying the extra $ for the salad. But since making this "rule" I am more likely to get the salad, as I have told myself that my health is worth the $. This also works for activites etc. Sitting in front of the tv is cheap, and fattening, but I have given myself free reign to spend $ on healthy activites and equipment like a new pair of running shoes.

I don''t know if I am describing this well, but in effect, I allow myself to splurge if something is healthy and limit my $ spent on unhealthy things. This often ends up making me make healthier choices.

My weak point is when I feel crappy. If I am sad or depressed or whatever I couldn''t care less about how I look, and eat junk without a second thought. I have to find something to "say" to myself in those situations that I will actually listen to.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I put on a bikini and walk around. When I can feel stuff wiggle I know it''s time to work out harder! Haha - in all seriousness, I do spend most of the summer months in a bikini so that alone IS motivation for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results