shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your unconventional engagement rings or

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please share the ring(s) you wear instead of a conventional diamond ER.

Recently I've seen some gorgeous onyx Art Deco rings worn in place of the all diamond engagement ring and I would love if PSers would share their alternative "engagement" rings. :love: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I'll start but I haven't yet worn this instead of my OEC ER but since it fits best on that finger I'm thinking I just might sometimes. Here it is from a few days ago worn on my right hand but fits best on my left ring finger. Bea, move over. :lol:

img_15658.jpg

missyandgreghandonhand.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1489667566|4140831 said:
Ok I'll start but I haven't yet worn this instead of my OEC ER but since it fits best on that finger I'm thinking I just might sometimes. Here it is from a few days ago worn on my right hand but fits best on my left ring finger. Bea, move over. :lol:
That's a beautiful alternative e ring. I'm waiting on a diamond ring to be finished so now I just wear gold bands. Unless I feel flashy then I wear my zircon halo
picsart_09-25-11.jpg img_20160922_193617.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I love your blue zircon ring so much. Gorgeous blue and gorgeous setting. :love:
Can't wait to see what new bling you have coming!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big Red. 3.22 spinel. I didn't want to wear an e-ring and a band so I had Brian Gavin make a big ring to suffice as both.

big_7.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1489692237|4140985 said:
Big Red. 3.22 spinel. I didn't want to wear an e-ring and a band so I had Brian Gavin make a big ring to suffice as both.
Matata! :shock:
I read "big red" and saw the red wine first and uttered oh shit! :shock: ... Maybe it's time to break out the reading glasses...especially if I'm mistaking red wine for a spinel!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1489692237|4140985 said:

Gorgeous. Love that deep red color. :love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't have an ER ( :o ) so I wear this instead. It's a version of the Boodles Raindance style ring in platinum.

img_15701.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if mine counts as unconventional, but I chose an eternity band for an engagement ring. It was primarily a monetary choice, as I knew a traditional Ering would be several thousand extra dollars, and we were in a recession at that time (2009). I was working primarily in real estate at that time, so you can imagine what had happened to my income. I couldn't really imagine spending a lot of money on a ring, when we were struggling to pay for our mortgage/cars etc. I knew I always wanted an eternity band eventually, so I figured why not just start out with one! People often remarked that looked like a wedding band and not an engagement ring when I was engaged, but I was only engaged for a year anyway, and then I was married so it was a wedding band - win win :appl:

My ring is has 22 10 pointers and it's just big enough to have some bling/sparkle and still be very comfortable for every day wear. I still love it 8 years later!

img_15716.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina|1489755712|4141184 said:
I didn't have an ER ( :o ) so I wear this instead. It's a version of the Boodles Raindance style ring in platinum.

I LOVE that ring! It's absolutely lovely :love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Violet, I do love it because it's different and being bezel set, I don't worry about wearing it everyday or catching it on something. Your ER/wedding band was a really good practical choice, very pretty too.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1489674341|4140867 said:
missy|1489667566|4140831 said:
That's a beautiful alternative e ring. I'm waiting on a diamond ring to be finished so now I just wear gold bands. Unless I feel flashy then I wear my zircon halo
picsart_09-25-11.jpg img_20160922_193617.jpg

That's one of my all time favorite rings on PS - it glows!!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought this from JbG as a right hand ring, but I'm seriously considering re-sizing it to my left hand ring finger. I thought wearing it on my left hand might protect the onyx a bit more too as I'm right handed. Excuse the red, chapped hands - gardening in the cold without hand lotion wasn't a good idea!

I LOVE your opal ring, Missy!

img_2312.png

img_15717.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't my engagement ring, but it's the one I wish was. Here it is, being modeled on my god-daughter's beautiful, 16 year old hand!

20170315_204400_resized.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't have an ER ( :-o ) so I wear this instead. It's a version of the Boodles Raindance style ring in platinum.

img_15701.jpg

Austina, thank you for sharing. Love this ring!

I'm not sure if mine counts as unconventional, but I chose an eternity band for an engagement ring. It was primarily a monetary choice, as I knew a traditional Ering would be several thousand extra dollars, and we were in a recession at that time (2009). I was working primarily in real estate at that time, so you can imagine what had happened to my income. I couldn't really imagine spending a lot of money on a ring, when we were struggling to pay for our mortgage/cars etc. I knew I always wanted an eternity band eventually, so I figured why not just start out with one! People often remarked that looked like a wedding band and not an engagement ring when I was engaged, but I was only engaged for a year anyway, and then I was married so it was a wedding band - win win :appl:

My ring is has 22 10 pointers and it's just big enough to have some bling/sparkle and still be very comfortable for every day wear. I still love it 8 years later!

img_15716.jpg

Violet that is Beautiful!

I bought this from JbG as a right hand ring, but I'm seriously considering re-sizing it to my left hand ring finger. I thought wearing it on my left hand might protect the onyx a bit more too as I'm right handed. Excuse the red, chapped hands - gardening in the cold without hand lotion wasn't a good idea!

I LOVE your opal ring, Missy!

img_2312.png

img_15717.jpg

Lissyflo, I LOVE your ring. Just gorgeous! I have a soft spot for Onyx and the combination is beautiful!:love:
Thanks for your lovely compliment on my Opal ring.

This isn't my engagement ring, but it's the one I wish was. Here it is, being modeled on my god-daughter's beautiful, 16 year old hand!

Wow, this is a gorgeous ring mrs-b. And I LOVE that color. Beautiful ring and please thank your goddaughter for being your hand model! Thank you for sharing it here.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is gorgeous! Can you wear it as your engagement ring? Or alternate with your current ring? Or will that make your SO unhappy?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread!!! The onyx ring (lissyflo) and Neil's zircon are both to die for (and everyone else's as well)!

I love alternative type styles!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the very kind comments, missy and violet. Missy, that opal is a-MAZ-ing! Rock it, girl!!

Violet, I cycle all my rings and my DH is happy with that. All of them fit my engagement finger, as that's the only finger on which I like to wear rings and I think he'd be pretty miffed - and rightly so - if he bought me all this stuff and I didn't wear it. But of all my rings, I think the ruby and diamond 5 stone is my favorite. The setting is from England, 1910, and the pink stones are actually much more red in normal light and are, in fact, rubies (tested and appraised twice because I found it hard to believe). I bought the diamonds and had them set because I like the alternating look, and the ring was rehabbed by David Klass. Here's a close up of my 5 stone ruby and diamond ring and also three 'not so typical' wedding/'engagement' ring combinations that I wear. ETA I've also added my diamond and sapphire combo, which I will wear if I ever lose 3 million lbs; the design of the cluster means the band can't get especially close to it, so unless my fingers were very skinny, the angle it sits at means it would be digging into my finger. Not comfy! IMG_2355 copy.JPG IMG_2353.jpg IMG_2313 copy.jpg

phancynan

Rough_Rock

img_15716.jpg

violet3, I did something similar. We were not making a lot of money, and living an outdoor lifestyle, so I chose a channel set diamond band.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I had to come back and admire everyone's rings again. I am seriously loving all your alternative rings. Everyone's rings amazing!

Lissyflo
is there a thread on your beautiful onyx ring? There needs to be if there isn't! Pretty please. Need more photos!:love:

mrs-b your rings all one more beautiful than the next!:love:

Niel, Matata, Austina, Violet3, all your rings :love:!
I wish we could do a share the bling program!:mrgreen:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK I had to come back and admire everyone's rings again. I am seriously loving all your alternative rings. Everyone's rings amazing!

Lissyflo
is there a thread on your beautiful onyx ring? There needs to be if there isn't! Pretty please. Need more photos!:love:

mrs-b your rings all one more beautiful than the next!:love:

Niel, Matata, Austina, Violet3, all your rings :love:!
I wish we could do a share the bling program!:mrgreen:

Thanks for the lovely comments on my ring, Missy. I will definitely take some more photos and start a thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results