shape
carat
color
clarity

Please review my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adamwong

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

As you all seem knowledgable, can you please review my purchase and let me know if I got a good deal. Also, please let me know if the cut is good.

GIA

Round Brilliant
6.78-6.81 x 4.09
1.16 carat
depth 60.2
table 60
girdle medium to slightly thick
cullet none
polish exellent
symmetry exellent
clarity vs1
color E
flour none

Loose stone, $7800
Thank you for all your comments.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The potential for a very good cut seems likely with the figures provided, but a final determination can't be made unless the crown/pavilion height/angle information is known. For that information you would need a Sarin report, a Megascope report, or a gemologist's assessment.

If it is a well cut stone, the price is excellent.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on Rich! Sounds a great purchase, if proportions are right!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Seems like a very nice diamond with a very nice price.
A 60/60 with a GIA ex ex isn't bad at all.
Enjoy!

adamwong

Rough_Rock
How do I get a Sarin report, or a gemolist report?
How much does one cost?

I noticed that the GIA certificate does not list the crown and pavilion angles.

Also, my diamond has a laser insription. Is it possible to find my diamond on the GIA website?

Thanks for any comments. You guys seem very knowledgeable on these matters. Since this is a big purchase, it just gives added comfort to know this information.

Thanks again.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Adamwong: My responses will be in bold:
----------------
On 4/27/2003 1:40:58 PM adamwong wrote:

How do I get a Sarin report, or a gemolist report?
How much does one cost?

It would be good for you to get an independent Appraisal done on your stone:
There are different types of appraisals, some in which are more detailed than others. You will have to discuss pricing and options with whomever you elect to evaluate your stone. Sarin test will be run on your stone when you have it evaluated.

There are many Independent Appraisers which are highly regarded and regularly post on this forum. Here's three I know of:

Richard Sherwood (Sarasota Gemological Laboratory )
Richard Sherwood, GG
Sarasota Gemological Lab
Sarasota, FL

Dave Atlas ( aka Oldminer on the forum)
David Atlas, GG, NGJA, ASG
Accredited Gem Appraisers
Phila, PA

Bill Lieberum (aka RockDoc on the forum)

William R. Lieberum, GG
Consumers Gem Lab
Boca Raton, FL

I noticed that the GIA certificate does not list the crown and pavilion angles.

Also, my diamond has a laser insription. Is it possible to find my diamond on the GIA website?

Thanks for any comments. You guys seem very knowledgeable on these matters. Since this is a big purchase, it just gives added comfort to know this information.

Thanks again.----------------
For A complete list of appraisers click on this link: www.pricescope.com/appr_list.asp

Hope this helps-

Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

adamwong

Rough_Rock
Can anyone recommend a place in either Los Angeles or San Francisco where I can get a Sarin report or the crown and pavilion angles?

Since my GIA report is dated 4/9/03, I think the wholesaler that sold me the diamond submitted the diamond to the GIA. Since I already made the purchase, I will ask the wholesale to try to get that information for me. I wish I found this site before I bought the diamond, but now is better than never.

Should I get a gemologist report or a Sarin report?
I have an appraisal from the wholesaler for $10,500.
I'm just wondering if I get a gemolist report, will they also do the appraisal.

Also, I checked the up on the HCA and ideal-scope that everyone keeps talking about. It's pretty interesting and I might get the basis version for myself. I'm wondering, in the range of HCA score of 0-2.0, does the lower range 0-1 reflect more brilliant cuts, while 1-2 reflect more firey cuts?

Thanks,
Adam

adamwong

Rough_Rock
Thanks Josh,

If my stone is already set in the setting, can an independent appraiser still give a full report?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi adam-The stone needs to be out of the setting for a proper evaluation....

-JOSH

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Did I read correctly on another thread that the dealer who submitted the stone to GIA could request that additional information. They do not put the info on the cert- but may have it. Worth a try.......

Good luck. Also, Mara is out your way & had her stone appraised by someone local. She would be a good person to ask if you don't want to send the stone out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results