shape
carat
color
clarity

Please review CADs!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been working with someone on a reset for my oval. I had decided on this setting for several reasons and i am looking forward to it!!

Please let me know what you think of the CADs. I specified the shank to be 1.7mm all around. My concern now is in the CAD the halo part holding the melee looks too thick and i am wondering if the basket wiring is too crowded? Since i want a chunky halo, melee will be 3 pointers

Thanks for all your help! (Second pic is the inspiration ring)

Screenshot_20170322-230707.png IMG_20170226_195724.jpg icm_fullxfull.115060570_c68823qpjs0kwckso8ow.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the floral aspect of the halo of the basket doesn't flatter the rest of the design. I think you'd be better served to make the strait struts that go into the halo in such a way that they morph into the prongs of the halo. Very princess Diana. Very simple but more fluid . Also in the same vein of princess Diana would you consider more prongs on the oval? Let me see if I can find photos I was saving a lot of pictures back when I was going to remake my sapphire oval

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your feedback Niel. Although i very much like the petal like design in a basket (i was inspired by a ps ring i attached here), it may work better, as you say, for the struts to mould into the prongs holding the melee...i would appreciate it being more fluid. At the same time, i was trying to go for something more unique and feminine..

I am going to ask the jeweler to modify the CAD so we can see...

Do you think the metal in the halo underneath the melee is too thick?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
m3_0.jpg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer less prongs on the halo...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd make the shank 2mm. Gold wears away over time and 2mm is really thin anyway.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the donut is too big. Needs to be made smaller so that the petals have to curve in more to be more flower like. The outer bar holding the halo stones in does look a little wide.

Do you have any other views you can post?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rin...-sapphire-diamond-platinum-ring/id-j_1518973/

I like this ring. The wires in the basket are plain strait sturts. The donut isn't too big. They put the struts at the end of the halo melee to make them more floral (that you could take or leave whatever you prefer) and I like how the shank is a tri wire that turns into a cathedral. I think this is one example where it makes a basic halo look more feminine and unique. Just an idea.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally get the appeal of the profile you posted. But why that works is becuase its in a Norco pave halo, I think.... I don't think it can translate well to a large melee halo.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What size should the donut be? The stone is 8x6...melee 3 pointers...?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results