shape
carat
color
clarity

Please post pictures of your tanzanites!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
crystal

390157682_o[1].jpg

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE tanzanite. Here's mine:

tanz_0.jpg

It's one of my first gems - I've had it for at least a decade, and it's still one of my favourites. I don't know the exact weight, but I'd guess it's about 1.20 carats.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Great stone, Kim! I like it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, Kim. Barrett, your crystal makes me drool. I could look at it all day.

--- Laurie

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Barrett|1335289903|3179534 said:
Great stone, Kim! I like it!

Thank you, Barrett - it's not big, but the colour (slightly darker and deeper IRL) is good for its size. And I've had it for more than a decade, so I doubt it's coated.

Your crystal is gorgeous - tanzanite forms such beautiful crystals, and yours is not exception. Fantastic colour, too!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of tanzanite so will greatly enjoy this thread. I only personally have one though which I have set in a pendant. Here is the stone pre-setting and post setting......

cmstanzanitependant4.jpg

cmstanzanitependant01.jpg

cmstanzanite5.jpg

cmstanzanite03.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Catmom your stone is excellent!! I like that color. Not to dark and not to light. Nice.
Tanzigirl, of course I don't need to tell you your stones are sweet...you/we already know this..LOL ;))

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
The round one was my first ever Tanzanite. Purchased (in full tourist style) in St. Thomas. 2.05 carats. My first love.
It is currently in a diamond surround setting as a pendant (shown below), but I just don't like the style anymore so I'm going to try to find a match for it (8mm round) and have it made into a pair of earrings. (Keep the diamond surround, but add post and friction backs).

Attached is another view of my avatar ring, it's a 3.98 carat Tanzanite.

My largest, the 8.56 carat Tanzanite is in the thread I linked in my previous post, but I don't have any other photos of it on this computer. I hope to have it made into a custom necklace in the somewhat near future. I've been sitting on it for a year, planning and planning. Almost ready to pull the trigger and get it done.

tanzanite.jpg

TanzaniteTop.jpg

tanz_pendant.JPG

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Barrett - you made me smile. Thanks very much, my friend! You have quite a Tanzanite there, yourself! :appl:

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock
Tanzgirl, I'm obsessed with your tz ring. It's so perfect! Honestly seeing a picture of your ring was the catalyst for my strong interest in tz!!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, Chicago Girl, thank you so much! That ring is one of the only things I've ever bought pre-made. I saw it in the case and I Had. To. Have. It.

PS. I was once a "Chicago Girl" myself. 2000-2005. 5 very happy years in Chi-town. :D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barrett|1335295496|3179600 said:
Catmom your stone is excellent!! I like that color. Not to dark and not to light. Nice.
Tanzigirl, of course I don't need to tell you your stones are sweet...you/we already know this..LOL ;))

Thank you Barrett! My stone was cut by Michael E and while on the smaller side, 1.59ct, it is from "Block D" material and is loupe clean. Your crystal is absolutely gorgeous!

Tanzigirl, your ring is among my very favorites. The color is so amazing!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, y'all are making me blush. :rodent: There's nothing like someone complimenting you on your 'pride and joy' stones.

Thank you, Catmom. Your Tanzanite is quite nice, too. And D block, to boot! :o

ETA: proper spelling of your not "you're" Geez. I know better. Typing too fast I guess

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my 2.77ct unheated naturally blue tanzanite from Precision Gem.
file.jpg

It's in 18k rose gold now
file.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pendant with tanzanite from Lisa Elser. Two upper photos from the appraiser, the lower one, mine. It looks very saturated blue. Like a good sapphire.

tanzanite1.png

tanzanite2.png

tanzanite3.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some beautiful stones in this thread, but Barrett's crystal made my jaw drop! I'll post a shot of my tanzanite ring, but it isn't a great one. It's my, "stock photo".

AGBF
:saint:

BlueOvalWithSidePears.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in awe of the beautiful tanzanites you lucky people have!!! I love Deb's "stock photo"! :lol:

They are all gorgeous !!! I think I'm like you, Chicagogirl, I'm developing a very serious "NEED" for a tanzanite!!!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
This stone used to be in a ring that my mom wore. It was a ring I bought for the stone only because I thought the ring was ugly, but my mom loved the ring so she wore it occasionally.

Unfortunately, she wasn't aware that tanzanite can be easily damaged, so by the time I got the ring back, the facets on the top of the stone were in pretty bad shape.

I took the ring to my jeweler when I lived in OR and he sent it to his lapidary for an estimate. He suggested that I just "buff" out the facets on the top of the stone because there was so much damage... also, once the stone was removed from the setting, I realized that it was a very shallow stone, so I told them to go ahead with "buffing" the top of the stone, not knowing what I would end up with....

So... I now have a buff topped stone with a faceted pavillion and it looks just like a drop of water... surprisingly, I really like it! It will become a pendant someday.

tanz 002.jpg

tanz 005a.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You all have some beautiful tanzanites. Here are my RHR.

WGTanz.jpg

YGTanz.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my earrings. I will get my pendants and bracelet photos tomorrow. DH is asleep already and I hate to go wake him up just to get them out.

TanzErrings.jpg

TanzDanglesYG.jpg

TanzDanglesWG.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is also from Gene at Precision Gem, and unheated. 1.96 ct.

tanz.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread! 6.49 tanzanite pendant. Pic taken outside on a sunny day. The extinction IRL isn't as bad as the pic, but the pic displays the right color.

tanz.JPG

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock
These are all so beautiful!! For those of you who purchased your tanzanites from an online vendor, please share the vendor too! This will be my due diligence thread before I purchase my own TZ. :loopy:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for meeting with Adam at Paraiba International. Going there (NYC) to see the stones in person helps a lot, too.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
NKOTB, I love the cut of that stone! An Kgizo, fabulous colour, and what a beautiful piece of jewelry! Love your ring, Tanzigrrl, and, and... So many lovely tanzanites in this thread. I never tire of looking at good tanzanite.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
another crystal

390633016_o[1].jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
more tanzy crystals

368837321_o[1].jpg

383417444_o[1].jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
more