shape
carat
color
clarity

Please offer advice on these diamonds

WillJohnson

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I'm in the market for an engagement ring and finally feel like I know what I am looking for. I have decided that I am comfortable with spending somewhere around $5,000 for a diamond and would like to keep the whole package around $6,000 but could go a little higher if needed. I am comfortable with H color and above but have heard that I's can face up white with a great cut so they aren't totally out of the picture for me. I am also looking for something that is eye clean. Would anyone happen to have any opinions on the stones below or any other suggestions that I can look into? I have them both on hold and am awaiting side by side pics to determine if I am comfortable with an I color.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2805429.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2803954.htm

Also, my girlfriend currently wears a size 5.5 ring on her right ring finger but it is loose and often spins so I'm assuming that she would need a smaller size than that. Any suggestions on different diamonds and settings would be awesome. She would either like a nice solitaire or a setting with small diamonds around the band (pave?). Thank you in advance!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the H VS1 stone, and I also love the Legato Sleekline solitaire setting!

WillJohnson

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! Hey diamondseeker, is the reason you would go with the H over the I simply color preference, or is there something else you didn't like about the I? I was thinking that if they look similar in the pictures they send I might go with that one since it is almost a $500 difference.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

WillJohnson

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy, I'll call them up to check. I guess I have to get over the fact that the inclusions shown on the certificates aren't necessarily that noticeable in real life. Also, do you all think that these sizes (approximately 0.85ct) will look decent on her <5.5 size finger? Should I try to find something closer to the 0.90ct range and drop to an I color, or is that too small of a difference in size to worry about it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All ACA idealscope images are good! And yes, that stone is a beauty! (Sorry I missed the earlier question but I just prefer H or higher for an e-ring when possible.)

WillJohnson

Rough_Rock
Thanks! :). I think that's what I am going to go with. Now I just need to choose a setting. I really like the legato sleek-line that you all suggested but am undecided on if I want to go with that one or the legato sleek-line pave. I've already read tons of past posts about them, just have to pull the trigger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results