shape
carat
color
clarity

Please identify this engagement ring

Phyloseq

Rough_Rock
Hi are there any experts in jewellery that can identify what this is with cost etc? FB_IMG_1546083968693-1.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, that's impossible from just one photo, do you have any more info you can share such as type of metal, mm of stone, type of stone, age of ring, condition of ring, etc?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is it from?
What is it made of?
Is it a diamond or a simulant?
How big is the stone?
Can you post a picture that is bigger than a postage stamp?
For what reason are you asking?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't we post something similar in @sledge thread on his design? From a Japanese or Korean company. I'm on a low data connection, so images are loading slow.

Phyloseq

Rough_Rock
Here is a slighty more clear pic..it' the only pic I have and I lost the ring ..I want to know it' value .

image.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a slighty more clear pic..it' the only pic I have and I lost the ring ..I want to know it' value .

image.png
Withoit more info we can't help :( we need to know material, whether it's a diamond, what karat gold for the setting, etc.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size finger do you have?

Phyloseq

Rough_Rock
It is a diamond ring but I think it is 14k gold . Does that help.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a diamond ring but I think it is 14k gold . Does that help.
A little bit, but still very difficult to help .was the stone certified? Do you know the size? What size is your finger? I'm guessing it was maybe .33-.5 ct but I could be wrong.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are looking to confirm the value for insurance purposes, I think it is too late to be able to conclusively determine the value.

You may be best to find a similar design and give it to the insurance company as an example.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are many experts in this. I’m guessing by your spelling of ‘jewellery’ that you’re not in the US so it’s hard for me to make a referral but, fundamentally, you’re looking for a competent appraiser (or valuer as they call them in a fair number of other places). The question above about why you're asking wasn't just being nosey, it's important. Value is a contextual concept. For example, how much it would cost you to custom make a similar piece is very different how much you could sell it for or what is a reasonable price in a store that might happen to have one. Even within those there is a big range. Not all craftsmen charge the same for their time and talents and not all stores charge the same. Fighting with an insurance company over a claim is not the same as adjudicating an estate. There are other variations.

The other questions are mostly trying to get at what appraisers call critical assumptions. Is it a diamond? How big is it? What are the other details? What is your source of this information? How do you know it's gold? Who made it? All of these things and more can affect your answer in a big way. Without at least making some assumptions, it's not even a stab in the dark.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You don’t seem to know much about the ring. Are you trying to value someone else’s ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results