shape
carat
color
clarity

please help! rate this asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acero21

Rough_Rock
2.05 ct F VS2 Asscher

. Depth %: 66.3
. Table %: 60
. Girdle: M-SLIGHTLY T
. Measurements: 7.17-7.01X4.65
. Polish: Very Good
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None

there are some imperfections visible in the table. I assume these are only visible because of the magnification (40x) and shouldn't be visible to the naked eye (vs2) am i right?

DI40XGIA.jpg

acero21

Rough_Rock
here''s the sarin (i think that''s what called)

IS_GIA15705429.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont like the tiny windmills but some might.
The center needs to be checked in person by the vendor, its likely tilt.
The pic and the IS disagree on light return there.
If it was me the windmills would keep me looking for another.

acero21

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input... I''m going through whiteflash and they said they checked it out and it looks good. What do you mean about the the pic and the IS disagree?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m a little concerned about the center of the stone... cause as Storm said, there is a conflict between the two pics.

But... I like it otherwise. It''s going to be VERY VERY square with those windmills (small cut corner effect), but if you like that look... you like squarer instead of more octagonal asschers... then it''s nice. I have a square asscher myself. I am irritated by the ''princess'' comments I get... BUT the right setting can do a lot to help that.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Acero21 and welcome to PS!
35.gif

The windmills are a bit skinny on this stone, but that's a matter of personal preference. The image in red/pink/white is called an Idealscope image (IS image). The areas of red are where light is being returned to the eye.

I like the stone so far, from what I can tell. Asschers are very dynamic stones, so you really have to see them in person. What did WF say? What do you think?

Edited to add: If you look at the inclusions, the IS image appears rotated 180 degrees from the picture. Perhaps this is what Storm and Gypsy are seeing as disagreement?

acero21

Rough_Rock
WF said the stone looked great... i told them to see if they can find a stone with bigger windmills so i can compare the two just to be on the safe side. At this point, I''m not sure whether i like smaller or larger windmills.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ace,

Have you seen the Asscher threads in the FAQ? Lots of info, and pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results