shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with these retailers

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys

when I bought my engagement ring 10 years ago, it was super easy as my friend worked at Diarough/ Emby.
I am now buying 4 ctw studs in I/VS2/ Super ideal cut and have shortlisted three retailers : Yekutiel at ID, David S Jewellers and Whiteflash. Whiteflash has a pair of ACA diamonds that match my exact specs. It’s almost 15% more expensive than similarly cut options from other sources.

It would be great to get any feedback. Given I live 10 mins away from the Diamond district in NYC, super easy for me to visit. So feel free to suggest any option not on my list.

Thank you.

Ps: While it is in my other post, here are the specs:
1. I color, VS2 clarity, 2 carats each
2. Super ideal cut with great optical quality -
- Triple Ex
- Table 54 to 57
- Depth 61 to 62.5
- Crown Angle 34 to 35
- Pavilion Angle 40 to 41
- Excellent light return when viewed through idealscope
- High & very high rating on Gemex for brilliance, sparkle and fire
- Ex symmetry when viewed through H&A scope

headlight

Ideal_Rock
True Super ideals are from these vendors: Whiteflash, Brian Gavin Diamonds, and High Performance Diamonds. Yes, I would say if you can swing it, go for the ACAs you’ve found.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to stick with one post on the subject....

You asked for Super Ideals. You wont get them from ID Jewelry or JA. See @headlight 's post. Are you saying you're broadening your
range to non-super ideals. Thats ok too...just could have said it in the other thread.

Best to call Yekutiel and tell him what you are looking for.

JA does not provide the GIA reports without asking so its harder to narrow down nice stones. Cut is all over the place.
Here are two of their True Hearts cut. Not super ideals but closer than most stones. You would need to request the AGS
reports and post so we could have a look (to see how well they are matched).

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
You need to stick with one post on the subject....

You asked for Super Ideals. You wont get them from ID Jewelry or JA. See @headlight 's post. Are you saying you're broadening your
range to non-super ideals. Thats ok too...just could have said it in the other thread.

Best to call Yekutiel and tell him what you are looking for.

JA does not provide the GIA reports without asking so its harder to narrow down nice stones. Cut is all over the place.
Here are two of their True Hearts cut. Not super ideals but closer than most stones. You would need to request the AGS
reports and post so we could have a look (to see how well they are matched).

Thank you. I didn’t want to mix the two as one was about me getting educated on the diamond. But fair feedback.

I am guessing one could hunt for super ideals outside a couple of the retailers that are frequently mentioned. Eg would you not consider the attached a super ideal?

Attachments

• 6214219441.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 6
Super ideal =/= well cut diamond (as in, all super ideals are well cut but not the other way round). Super ideals are like the top 0.01%, with a lot of attention paid to the smallest facets of optical symmetry etc that aren’t even visible to the naked eye. They are not cut for weight retention and so tend to “waste” more rough, hence why they are more expensive. You can find a very well cut diamond elsewhere without resorting to a super ideal, and likely that with enough due diligence the difference will be barely noticeable to anyone but the most discerning of observers, but that level of care and precision is near impossible to find in the wild without someone actually having put in that effort to do so.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post a copy of the above pdf. I and others, dont download files, in general, to keep from screwing up our machines.

Are there copies of the ASET, Idealscope, and H&A images in that file? If not, please post these images.

I'm going to quote part of a post by @yssie on another thread ...

"precision-cutting isn’t a lucky find, it’s a deliberated choice, requested of a manufacturer by a vendor, that the vendor pays a premium for.

You can have beautiful diamonds that aren’t precision-cut to a “superideal” standard, which is usually a measure of optical symmetry (optical symmetry is what creates those hearts and arrows patterns)."

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Can you post a copy of the above pdf. I and others, dont download files, in general, to keep from screwing up our machines.

Are there copies of the ASET, Idealscope, and H&A images in that file? If not, please post these images.

I'm going to quote part of a post by @yssie on another thread ...

"precision-cutting isn’t a lucky find, it’s a deliberated choice, requested of a manufacturer by a vendor, that the vendor pays a premium for.

You can have beautiful diamonds that aren’t precision-cut to a “superideal” standard, which is usually a measure of optical symmetry (optical symmetry is what creates those hearts and arrows patterns)."

2A2AC02D-B732-4A3F-9E95-C4DD145F32D5.jpeg
Still waiting for idealscope, ASET, H&A and Gemex.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I didn’t want to mix the two as one was about me getting educated on the diamond. But fair feedback.

I am guessing one could hunt for super ideals outside a couple of the retailers that are frequently mentioned. Eg would you not consider the attached a super ideal?

This is an excellent recent post that explains why an excellent cut isn’t the same as a super ideal.

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
This is an excellent recent post that explains why an excellent cut isn’t the same as a super ideal.

That is a very helpful post. Thank you for sharing.

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
uploading more details on one of the two diamonds now. rd_2.00_ivs1_gia#5343066597-Arrows-01.jpg rd_2.00_ivs1_gia#5343066597-ASET white-01.jpg rd_2.00_ivs1_gia#5343066597-Hearts-02.jpg rd_2.00_ivs1_gia#5343066597-Light Path-01.jpg rd_2.00_ivs1_gia#5343066597-Officelight black-01.jpg 97A6BAAF-B57C-4823-B87B-4DEC1BA4A638.png 1F25CE3D-EC98-49D2-AA1F-00F0D23EA566.png

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Any feedback?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results