shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with the Sapphire I purchased from NSC

FWT2000

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone

Im new here and also new to the sapphire world, but now these beautiful stones are giving me quite a headache......

Recently I purchased a Sapphire from The Natural Sapphire Company and mounted it onto a pendant. I decided to do that after I checked the two pictures they send me about the three Sapphires that I had my eyes on.
I did notice that there is some dark area on the stones but I was initially thinking it as due to the angle of the light but then I read lots about the Sapphire on this Forum and began to worry a little since it said that the dark area called "extinction" would never go away no matter the angle of the light since it is caused by the cut

Then I did a little research about the cut and some cutter and I came across a name called Andrew Gulij, it seems this cutter is skilled so I visited his website Gemfix, and then I noticed that some of the stones from this cutter still remain vivid blue even in low light condition, now I am really worried about the stone I purchased from NSC. Can anyone give me some advise???

Below are two pics sent by NSC and the first one is under office light and the second one is under overcast sunlight, all three are roughly $1500, I chose the one in the middle

img_7290.jpg img_7291__1_.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait to until the stone arrives to view it in person under various light conditions and if you feel it is too dark most of the time, utilize NSC's return / refund policy.

FWT2000

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, thats exactly what I am worried about, the stone being too dark.....initially I thought it is due to the light so if the sapphire is moved around the black area would disappear, then I read the guide about color stone on this forum (man, it is helpful), I realize it is called extinction.....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphires are difficult vendors tend to shine pen lights or put them under bright lights indoors which can make them look more vivid than they really are. I think wait and view the stone and if its too dark or really uneven with darker dead spots then send it back.

FWT2000

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply and advise~

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results