shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me rate this natural sapphire

adora90

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone
I’m a newbie and only an enthusiast. I have a natural unheated sapphire which is about 2.10 carat. I would like to hear how you would rate this piece in terms of quality, market value and also request your opinions if it’s worth to set into a ring/pendant or keep it as it is like a souvenir.
Thank you :)

IMG_1981.jpeg
IMG_2080.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpeg
    IMG_2079.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 22

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
I cannot speak to market value. The color is lovely but the stone seems to be quite included. I would personally not set the stone due to its poor clarity.

adora90

Rough_Rock
I cannot speak to market value. The color is lovely but the stone seems to be quite included. I would personally not set the stone due to its poor clarity.

Thank you for the inputs! I also thought the colour was really beautiful and still considering if I should set it or not.
Even if i want to set it, i’m not sure whether to spend on a nice setting with diamonds to bring up the whole value or just go for a very basic setting to bring down the cost due to the stone original nature.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Nice color, origin and no heat. All good. Clarity not good. If it were mine, I’d use it as a pendant.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pendant is a great idea, but the trouble with pendants on short chains is we can't see them on ourselves unless we are looking in a mirror. A ring would let you admire the color to your heart's content.

Question: Do you anticipate someday getting a higher quality sapphire that you would want to set as a ring? If so, I suggest saving the pricey setting for that future ring and choose a simpler, lower cost setting for this stone. The color pops, and does not need diamonds to support it.
That will also leave you more $$ for the future ring.

But if this is the one and only blue sapphire ring you expect to make, then set it however you like!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome! Whether you set it or not is really up to you and your tastes. While it appears to be a very pretty vibrant blue, please don't set it thinking it is an investment stone, or will increase in value. The reality is that demand is low for opaque sapphires, even if they are pretty and unheated.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the lab report does state it’s transparent, not opaque :)
giving you market value is next to impossible with what info youve shown.

is this for your own enjoyment?

If not, and as for setting with diamonds to increase value - I agree, with a previous “no”
setting it with diamonds because you love it? sure - all day long.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the lab report does state it’s transparent, not opaque :)
giving you market value is next to impossible with what info youve shown.

is this for your own enjoyment?

If not, and as for setting with diamonds to increase value - I agree, with a previous “no”
setting it with diamonds because you love it? sure - all day long.
Point well taken; for some reason, I was doubting the lab report, but think I was wrong.

ETA: still, I love sparkle and it sure seems like this stone would not have much.

adora90

Rough_Rock
Point well taken; for some reason, I was doubting the lab report, but think I was wrong.

ETA: still, I love sparkle and it sure seems like this stone would not have much.
i myself pretty much doubt the lab report as i was expecting translucent instead of transparent (not really opaque , it doesn’t look 100% opaque in real life under light) plus, the sparkle and colour wasn’t bad too..

this is not an investment stone.. I bought it real cheap under $250 cos the place i bought this gem is the exact place where this came from -mogok, burma. Wouldn’t complain the quality compared to its price haha..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results