shape
carat
color
clarity

please help me pick out of these 3 strands of pearls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
ok the first day I had like 8 up on my mointer but since than I am down to 3...so far its been over a day with just these 3, and I am not sure which to pick. My FI likes number 1, which I think has the best shape to me(but not sure if the overtone is too dull or not as intense though maybe for a classic look unifom is better...too bad I can't afford round!), but I like some of the green overtone colour in 2 but it isn't uniform but very intense and draws me in..not sure I would want that on my neck though but the picture is pretty. Number 1 and 2 are AA+ and number 3 is AA/AA+, all are very high luster. Number 1 has very light blemish and 2 and 3 have light blemishing.

so whats it going to be? All around the same price. This is for a choker which is 16inches including the clasp

Thanks all

contestant1.gif

Icce

Shiny_Rock

contestant11.gif

Icce

Shiny_Rock

contestant2.gif

Icce

Shiny_Rock

contestant22.gif

Icce

Shiny_Rock

constant3.gif

Icce

Shiny_Rock

constant33.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down the second one. In tahitian baroques, the blemishes are not obvious because they are easily camouflaged by the circles and the dark body colour and colourful undertones. To me the top criteria is really the colour and the second one looks absolutely beautiful. The next criteria is lustre and the second strand looks like it does well in this department too.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I really don''t know anything about pearls, but just looking at my monitor, the second one draws me in the most:)

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I agree with SS. I really like #2.

I like baroques for their uniqueness. I like the banding, the unsusual shapes, the colors that are often different and yet create one "complete" work of art.

Julie

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 9:59:43 AM
Author: Kelli
I really don''t know anything about pearls, but just looking at my monitor, the second one draws me in the most:)
Me too; they are all beautiful though!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #2 and #3. #2 appears a little darker overall and #3 a little lighter, so I think it depends on your preference in that regard. I think #2 is very beautiful, but since I rarely wear green, I don''t think that one would work for me.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I love number #2!

Icce

Shiny_Rock
I got number 2. There was some near rounder shapes (put up last night) which I really perfer in shape but I love the intensity on this string so I took a chance. I am making a shorter choker so 2 extra perals will be thrown on some leverbacks (which I will give to my mom I think).

thanks for you answers all
Icce

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with number two. The colors seem to glow.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Number 2!!! then number 3 and at the end number 1

Icce

Shiny_Rock
real life shots

Pearlshotsttz.jpg

Icce

Shiny_Rock
:razz:

pearlxx.jpg

Icce

Shiny_Rock
:razz: last one!

They are rounder than I thought...which I like..not into the too abstract shapes. I guess when you see things blown up 50x on the computer it can look less round lol

Pearlxxx.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Icce - those look beautiful, and I''m loving the choker length on you. What size pearls are those?

Are you having them make the earrings too (out of the extra pearls), or are you going another route for those?

Icce

Shiny_Rock
The length is 16inches including the clasp. They are AA+ 8.0-10.8 mm. 2 pearls I had set on these lever backs right away in white gold. I gave the earrings to my mom. I wasn''t sure I would wear pearl earrings but I liked them once I saw them...I should of dropped the extra 60 dollars and made another pair though I am pretty cheap. I have 4 more loose pearls. I may make another pair or as I joke about with my mom...I give her presents that I will wear when they come back to me again on day far far far away form now. She has a Tin Cup necklace with diamond and Tahitian pearls to wear them with.

theseear.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
are those the same pearls? if not I like the lighter colors in the last, how about you? which ones did you go with? they all are gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Yes they are the same pearls on my neck. I took choice number 2 of the above vender shots

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results