shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me out...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an idealscope image and an ASET for a diamond. Can you help me analyze these? The red does not seem to be very saturated. Do you see leakage around the table like I am seeing, due to the slightly pale color there? This stone has a somewhat steep crown angle, could that be the cause? Or am I imagining the leakage? Thank you in advance!

idealscope090909.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASET

ASET090909.jpg

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 12:42:56 PM
Author:Laila619
Here is an idealscope image and an ASET for a diamond. Can you help me analyze these? The red does not seem to be very saturated. Do you see leakage around the table like I am seeing, due to the slightly pale color there? This stone has a somewhat steep crown angle, could that be the cause? Or am I imagining the leakage? Thank you in advance!
You are not imagining anything. The 3-6 o'clock area shows paler, but the other question is why. It appears the diamond is tilted in the IS and that is most likely causing the effect. If the diamond was square to the camera, I think it would be a much more even color. The ASET shows a very nicely balanced stone, so that really lends to the leakage being a result of tilt in the IS, not in the cut.

Overall, it looks like a very nice diamond.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another idealscope of a stone I am considering, one that has shallow crown and pavilion angles (34 and 40.6)...of the two diamonds, which idealscope is better? The previous one or this one? Thank you!
1.gif

1.74Gidealscope.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2009 12:59:42 PM
Author: jet2ks
You are not imagining anything. The 3-6 o''clock area shows paler, but the other question is why. It appears the diamond is tilted in the IS and that is most likely causing the effect. If the diamond was square to the camera, I think it would be a much more even color. The ASET shows a very nicely balanced stone, so that really lends to the leakage being a result of tilt in the IS, not in the cut.

Thank you jet2k! Hmm, maybe I could ask the vendor for another pic. What about the saturation?

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 1:11:46 PM
Author: Laila619

Date: 9/11/2009 12:59:42 PM
You are not imagining anything. The 3-6 o'clock area shows paler, but the other question is why. It appears the diamond is tilted in the IS and that is most likely causing the effect. If the diamond was square to the camera, I think it would be a much more even color. The ASET shows a very nicely balanced stone, so that really lends to the leakage being a result of tilt in the IS, not in the cut.

Thank you jet2k! Hmm, maybe I could ask the vendor for another pic. What about the saturation?
I think you are fine on the saturation. You can ask the vendor, but I really don't see anything to worry about.

It looks like the second diamond is on the borderline of having obstruction issues, but would most likely be OK. I'd personally feel more comfortable with the first one.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping for Miss Lorelei...what do you think about the idealscope of the first stone?
1.gif
Thanks

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto jet2ks.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock

You are not imagining anything. The 3-6 o''clock area shows paler, but the other question is why. It appears the diamond is tilted in the IS and that is most likely causing the effect. If the diamond was square to the camera, I think it would be a much more even color. The ASET shows a very nicely balanced stone, so that really lends to the leakage being a result of tilt in the IS, not in the cut.

I am trying to understand more about the IS images
1) There is a lighter shade of pink forming an iris ring. Does this mean there is light leakage under the table?

2) With regards to the pale pink at the 3-6 o clock area, could this possibly be due to the larger variations in the azimuth angles compared to the other pavilion facets?

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like the second diamond is on the borderline of having obstruction issues, but would most likely be OK. I''d personally feel more comfortable with the first one.

why do you say that?
is it because the black arrows are not clearly defined? (due to the fuzzy edges?)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 5:30:44 PM
Author: haagen_dazs
It looks like the second diamond is on the borderline of having obstruction issues, but would most likely be OK. I''d personally feel more comfortable with the first one.

why do you say that?

is it because the black arrows are not clearly defined? (due to the fuzzy edges?)

When you look at the IS, the facet where the arrow heads are located are starting to go black. That is usually a sign that obstruction issue might pop up.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 5:25:41 PM

I am trying to understand more about the IS images

1) There is a lighter shade of pink forming an iris ring. Does this mean there is light leakage under the table?

2) With regards to the pale pink at the 3-6 o clock area, could this possibly be due to the larger variations in the azimuth angles compared to the other pavilion facets?

Most likely due to a tilt as the 'leakage' in the IS is not apparent in the ASET and there is a slight difference in length of the arrow shaft in the IS, a sign of tilt of the diamond when the IS is taken.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Good questions, haagen-dazs. Stone-cold has you covered on the answers. If you would like any more information, or if using visuals with the IS images would help, please feel free to ask.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 5:34:50 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Date: 9/15/2009 5:30:44 PM

why do you say that?

When you look at the IS, the facet where the arrow heads are located are starting to go black. That is usually a sign that obstruction issue might pop up.

actually i am still not sure which heads are going black.
i not sure what to look at or i am not seeing it.....
23.gif
23.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 5:38:14 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Date: 9/15/2009 5:25:41 PM

Most likely due to a tilt as the ''leakage'' in the IS is not apparent in the ASET and there is a slight difference in length of the arrow shaft in the IS, a sign of tilt of the diamond when the IS is taken.

are you referring to the 2 and 3 o clock shaft?

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 11:45:04 PM

actually i am still not sure which heads are going black.
i not sure what to look at or i am not seeing it.....
23.gif
23.gif
I took the above IS and circled the areas in yellow where you can see the facets next to the arrow heads are darkening due to obstruction. The areas in green under the table are also darkening. Those are the indicators that obstruction may be an issue. In diamonds with serious obstruction issues, these facets will be even darker,which is why I called it borderline. There is a video that might help on this page, lower right.

http://diamondscope.pricescope.com/

1_74Gidealscope2.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 11:45:46 PM

All shafts should be same length. The one at ~11 o''clock is much longer than the one ~4 o''clock. The ones at 12 and 9 are slightly longer than the ones opposite them at 6 and 3, while the 2 o''clock and 7 o''clock shafts are nearly equal. This shows that the stone was tilted toward down toward the 11 o''clock shaft.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the replies everyone!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 12:01:08 AM
Date: 9/15/2009 11:45:46 PM

All shafts should be same length. The one at ~11 o''clock is much longer than the one ~4 o''clock. The ones at 12 and 9 are slightly longer than the ones opposite them at 6 and 3, while the 2 o''clock and 7 o''clock shafts are nearly equal. This shows that the stone was tilted toward down toward the 11 o''clock shaft.

amazing jet2ks
thank you for making it so much clearer for me =)
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results