shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find.....

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to find an ebay pair of pink tourmaline stones for an earring project. Being as they will be smaller and for earrings they don't have to be super high quality just nice. I feel too inexperienced to judge quality on gemstones which is why I in the past I have gone to trusted cutters like Gene and Dan for my gems. This is a budget friendly project.
Looking for stones to make dangle charms for studs that are 6mm bezeled size. I don't mind if the gems are round, trillant, square or pear. I'm looking for a light pink tourmaline that would go well with my tourmaline from Gene.
Can anyone find anything for me under 2 ct total weight? I don't want the charms to overwhelm the studs.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bob Kast should be able to cut you a pair of 6 mm pink tourmalines for a reasonable price. While not eBay prices, it is still the least of the precision cutters that I’ve come across and his pink tourmalines are generally very pretty although his email response can be spotty.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
That is a thought. I am waiting and waiting for a sapphire from him now. Hopefully today

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono said:
Bob Kast should be able to cut you a pair of 6 mm pink tourmalines for a reasonable price. While not eBay prices, it is still the least of the precision cutters that I’ve come across and his pink tourmalines are generally very pretty although his email response can be spotty.

I would follow Chrono's advice and stretch your budget on nicer stones for this project - there is nothing worse than throwing good money after bad. I feel like ebay can be tricky if, like you said, you have a hard time judging quality. Quality will not only include the color you are looking for, but also a nice cut that will show off those tourmalines!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Bob Kast has new stones. Once you have bought something from him his e-mails are more prompt. Plus, he comes across like such a nice person, and his cuts are pretty good. I shall be ordering more from him. I plan to set the only tourmaline I have and give it as a gift and I hate parting with it. But since I want it to be a really nice gift, I shall set this one. Some of my stones may be liked by certain people, but not by everyone, and his small stones are instant winners, everyone likes them.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
My mind is still not made up about him yet. He told me he priority mailed my stone Tuesday and it isn't here. I purchased it weeks ago. I am not the most patient person in the world :cry:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results