shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find an 8x10mm emerald cut light gemstone..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need help....Windows...extinction...I’m lost. I had a four carat 8x10mm moissanite ring that I sold. I would like to keep close to those dimensions.. I’m not sorry I sold it but I’m missing the emerald shape and size on my finger. I really LOVE silver spinel, light grays with violet and blues. I don’t really want an aquamarine..I would love a light blue...gray ...silver...even with a touch of violet. I would prefer a silver spinel but open to other light colors..I love pink but not in the emerald cut...I want a stone without a noticeable window. What vendors should I zero in on? Your experienced help would be VERY much appreciated! Thank you!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
No personal experience, but I have heard good things about haydenfred_gems. I follow her (someone said her name is Annie) on Instagram and she gets great spinels.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were in the OP's situation, I would contact Jeff Davies or Yvonne to see if they have anything suitable.

DK =)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No personal experience, but I have heard good things about haydenfred_gems. I follow her (someone said her name is Annie) on Instagram and she gets great spinels.

Thank you @wildcat03 I did contact her. She had some pretty silver spinels that I absolutely loved. They were a different shape and sold..I told her that I wanted an emerald cut close in size to 8x10. I check in occasionally so she knows I’m still actively looking. She‘s so nice..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I were in the OP's situation, I would contact Jeff Davies or Yvonne to see if they have anything suitable.

DK =)2

@dk168 I did go on her website but didn’t see any. I’ll contact Jeff Davies..Thank you..

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @wildcat03 I did contact her. She had some pretty silver spinels that I absolutely loved. They were a different shape and sold..I told her that I wanted an emerald cut close in size to 8x10. I check in occasionally so she knows I’m still actively looking. She‘s so nice..

@CSpan just bought a lovely emerald cut spinel from Annie- hopefully she'll jump in with a review :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I contacted Yvonne. She doesn’t have anything but can find out how to get it custom cut from a larger rough. There wouldn’t be a window. She said it would
be pricey though....I’m wondering what would it cost? Yikes! Fingers crossed it’s doable.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t find @CSpan ’s spinel. :(2 I hope someone will let me know if the price she quotes is okay.

I ADORE emerald cuts and recently bought from Annie at Haydenfred_gems. I can tell you that her prices are more than fair and the cut on most of her gemstones is really good.

I have a grey spinel from her but it has lots of blue and violet. In some lights it looks pure grey - it's a weird colour but honestly my absolutely favourite at the moment! Attached is Annie's photo but here's a link to my thread with it. The size is just over 10 x 8 if that helps https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/completed-spinel-ring.265237/#post-4946694

Spinel Emerald Cut Trio.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ADORE emerald cuts and recently bought from Annie at Haydenfred_gems. I can tell you that her prices are more than fair and the cut on most of her gemstones is really good.

I have a grey spinel from her but it has lots of blue and violet. In some lights it looks pure grey - it's a weird colour but honestly my absolutely favourite at the moment! Attached is Annie's photo but here's a link to my thread with it. The size is just over 10 x 8 if that helps https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/completed-spinel-ring.265237/#post-4946694

Spinel Emerald Cut Trio.jpg

@LD Your spinel is so gorgeous! I love the color! Are those diamonds on each side? I have a few blue stones so I wanted to get the silver color after seeing Annie’s photos. I contacted her but she didn’t have any available. Yvonne is going to see what she can find but said it would be pricey. I have no idea how to gauge what one should cost. I guess I’ll post here when she gets back to me to see if the price is in the range it should be in.

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
Maybe try this IG seller (nature de colours) as they seem to have a lot of spinels in different cuts. they sometimes run a flash sale on fridays (their local time) with really good pricing and the IG seller was responsive when i asked them about a zircon months ago. their terms are pinned on their IG profile and it looks like Annie (Haydenfred) and other sellers (like Julia B) follow this account too. Haven't purchased from them myself though as the zircon I wanted during their flash sale was sold.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe try this IG seller (nature de colours) as they seem to have a lot of spinels in different cuts. they sometimes run a flash sale on fridays (their local time) with really good pricing and the IG seller was responsive when i asked them about a zircon months ago. their terms are pinned on their IG profile and it looks like Annie (Haydenfred) and other sellers (like Julia B) follow this account too. Haven't purchased from them myself though as the zircon I wanted during their flash sale was sold.

Thank you @fantapanda! I’ll check them out!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! Mine is just under your specs 9.7 x almost 7.6mm EC. It was $450. I waited awhile but Annie was patient and told me whenever she had something in that might work. It was definitely cheaper than having something cut. There is a slight window but I expect that from ECs. Sorry for the less than stellar photos, I haven't been home since it arrived.

IMG_0146.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there! Mine is just under your specs 9.7 x almost 7.6mm EC. It was $450. I waited awhile but Annie was patient and told me whenever she had something in that might work. It was definitely cheaper than having something cut. There is a slight window but I expect that from ECs. Sorry for the less than stellar photos, I haven't been home since it arrived.

IMG_0146.jpg
It’s really pretty @CSpan! The price is great! I’m wondering what Yvonne considers very pricey! I’m afraid to find out! I’ll see what Yvonne comes up with. If it’s super expensive I’ll hold out for Annie. Thank you for the help!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
It’s really pretty @CSpan! The price is great! I’m wondering what Yvonne considers very pricey! I’m afraid to find out! I’ll see what Yvonne comes up with. If it’s super expensive I’ll hold out for Annie. Thank you for the help!

Yeah I'd love to know too! No window would be nice but trade offs ya know. Mr. Spinel also had quite a few but I couldn't get as many photos in various lighting as I wanted. His prices were quite competitive too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@CSpan I never heard of him because I’m new to gemstones..I looked him up on IG. I was mesmerized! He doesn’t list his prices or specs that I can see. It would probably be hard to know if the size is right. I’m following him now. Everything he has is so gorgeous!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I purchased a lovely pink pear spinel from him. It's being set now. I can't remember the price though.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@CSpan I never heard of him because I’m new to gemstones..I looked him up on IG. I was mesmerized! He doesn’t list his prices or specs that I can see. It would probably be hard to know if the size is right. I’m following him now. Everything he has is so gorgeous!

He is mainly a wholesaler I believe. You do have to DM. But if you ask for certain specs I have had him lay out a tray for me. Someone mentioned his partner/associate has an account and she seems very responsive. Everything is quoted per carat if I recall. Some items are more precision cut than others but really large ones can always be recut.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is mainly a wholesaler I believe. You do have to DM. But if you ask for certain specs I have had him lay out a tray for me. Someone mentioned his partner/associate has an account and she seems very responsive. Everything is quoted per carat if I recall. Some items are more precision cut than others but really large ones can always be recut.

Thank you @CSpan..I’m hoping Annie comes through because she has some small silver ones that are so pretty. I would love it in the size I’m looking for.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Omg. I checked Annie’s IG and she does have great stones! There is a pair of blue purplish spinel that I love, too bad it is gone.

E272B540-2BB7-4979-BB6B-15069EF53AF7.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I may switch to a cushion...I see a really pretty one in silver gray. I’m waiting on a video..He assured me it doesn't have a window. At least it probably won’t have a large one. It’s slightly smaller than 8x10 but still a decent size. Fingers crossed. I may do a three stone but don’t want to put too much money into them. I may just stick to a solitaire...:think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results