shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you think of a skinny eternity? Here''s my e-ring:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your e-ring is classic and gorgeous and I think a skinny eternity band would look incredible next to that beauty!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Are there any examples of the look I have in mind?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet, i made one pic with this Vatche band sudgested yesterday for another ring.
If you find an eternity you like i will mocke it up in too
35.gif

harriettt4.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great -- I''ll let you know. This helps a lot.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a huge fan of curved bands in general, I rather have the band sit somewhat unflush and be able to wear it alone etc. I really love the pave knife edge idea. You could have one custom made to match the knife edge width of your solitaire. A simple shared prong 2mm eternity band would be lovely as well. You really have a lot of options here. I would suggest heading out to some B&M''s and trying things on to get a sense of what you think looks good with your solitaire.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I tried on the real Tiffany e-ring, I preferred the shared-prong diamonds for the wedding band. The Memoire will save you a good bit off a Tiffany full eternity, but it will still be very high quality. Here's my Memoire band with stones between 10 and 11 points each just to give you an idea of size (and I think that would be the right size stones to go with your e-ring band width). But imagine your diamond being much larger than mine!!! (mine is 7.6mm)

New Rings 063b.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. With a low head in the e-ring, it is important to get a low set eternity band, and the Memoire and Tiffany ones are the lowest I''ve seen.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I don''t like the curved band look either. The problem is I don''t like to non-flush look either! Fussy, fussy.

DS,
Funny that you should mention how low the head sits. I was just thinking that it was too high.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I think you may be meaning the height of the diamond. I am referring to the aspect that the base of the Tiffany repro head is set down low into the shank of the e-ring. If you have a tall wedding band, the diamonds can scratch the prongs of the e-ring. So it is best to get a low set wedding band.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there any setting that will lower the head?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 6:15:44 PM
Author: Harriet
Not sure which setting you mean Harriet, e-ring''s?
I mocked Mustang''s band into pic, because of the tapered vertical profile it may take care of "close to e-ring fit".

Harrietttt9.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2007 6:15:44 PM
I am not clear on what you''re asking here, either.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, my e-ring. I'll try again. Is there some other setting that will lower the stone?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda,

It's pretty, but I'd like something even skinnier. My e-ring is 2mm at its thinnest. I saw an appealing bead-set eternity at Locke's. Does anyone here have such a ring? If so, can Irina please work her photoshop magic?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We haven''t seen a bead set eternity band from Locke''s yet. Can you post a pic of it?? I bet it''s gorgeous!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poptart, I like it.

Kaleigh, it won''t let me copy the link. There''s one on the website, but it has rbs and trapezoids. The shop has one with rbs alone. What does "bead-set" mean anyway?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I think that bead set is the same as channel set diamonds except there are prongs on the diamonds also. It''s like a channel and prong set ring mixed together. I think... haha. That''s what it looks like to me at least. Good question! Sorry if I''m wrong.

*M*

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the Ritani band bead-set then?

Pricescope, would you mind photoshopping that onto my e-ring? Thanks.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 9:51:05 PM
Is the Ritani band bead-set then?

Pricescope, would you mind photoshopping that onto my e-ring? Thanks.
It says it's pave set, but it looks the same as all the bead set bands I've seen.

*M*

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
OH WOW!!! YOUR RING IS SO BEAUTIFUL!! HONEY, I''D PUT A PLAIN NARROW BAND WITH THAT ONE, IT HAS PLENTY OF SPARKLE ALL IT''S OWN!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 8:25:08 PM
Miranda,

It''s pretty, but I''d like something even skinnier. My e-ring is 2mm at its thinnest. I saw an appealing bead-set eternity at Locke''s. Does anyone here have such a ring? If so, can Irina please work her photoshop magic?
Signed pieces has a lot of different sizes to pick from. Some are less than 2mm, some are more. I think a shared prong would look great with your new diamond!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
ring1.jpg

Here''s the bead set band from Lockes.
ring5.jpg

Here''s a shared prong from Lockes. I''m sure it comes in different weights.

Did you say you wanted a full eternity or a diamond wedding band?

Have you checked Tiffany''s? I was there a few weeks ago and fell in LOVE with an eternity band with 3 pters. Their bands are just soooooo perfect...Perfect little baskets for each stone. I know that many other places have beautiful bands, but, there was just something really special about these.

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Harriet, I love your ring.
I have a Tiffany half circle bead-set band, 2.5mm. Here are pics

dh97-r1.jpg

dh97

Shiny_Rock

dh97-r2.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your compliments.

Dh97, that set is lovely.

Btw, does anyone wear their e-ring and wedding bands on separate hands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results