shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide between two sets of diamonds for studs

md1984

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I wonder if someone might possibly be kind enough to help me to decide between these two sets of diamonds, to be set into studs. Both are from Blue Nile and so I cannot get light performance images for them. I do know that most Pricescopers prefer to buy stones from Whiteflash due to the superior quality and level of information provided. However, I guess I don't really consider myself to be enough of a connoisseur to pay the premium in terms of prices. I have also approached IDJ about this purchase, as I have bought from them before and also plan to buy jackets from them for the studs, but they don't have anything suitable in their inventory at the moment.

I have a non H&A triple excellent G SI2 engagement ring that scored 'excellent' on HCA, for which I have never seen light performance images either, purchased from Adiamor a number of years back - and I am more than happy with it. I also have a 5 stone ring from IDJ sold to me as G SI2, non certified, and I am also extremely happy with that. So that is the sort of consumer I am, if it helps! :)

Both sets of diamonds for the studs have been confirmed as eye clean. I will attempt link to GIA reports below. Please let me know if it hasn't worked!

1.22 tcw, G, SI2 (HCA ratings - one 'excellent' and the other 'very good') - GIA nos 6221445869 & 5166938038

1 tcw, F, SI1 (HCA ratings - both 'excellent') - GIA nos 2226442163 & 7226394080

I would be really grateful for any input...

Attachments

• gia_16.pdf
    403 KB · Views: 43
  • gia_17.pdf
    382 KB · Views: 37
  • gia_2226442163_0.pdf
    401.8 KB · Views: 34
  • gia_7226394080_0.pdf
    402.8 KB · Views: 27

md1984

Rough_Rock
Re: Please help me decide between two sets of diamonds for s

Anyone?

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

Personally, if you are only able to purchase these two sets, I would go with the F SI1's for a few reasons:
1. Clarity: it's SI1 vs SI2--you don't know if any of the diamonds they're eye clean, but SI1 is more likely to not have any visible inclusions than SI2. Once you see an inclusion, you can't unsee it. Plus, I personally think a visible inclusion is worse in earrings than hand rings because an earring is usually closer to people's eye balls.
2. Cut: the G SI2's are possibly both okay, but the 2nd one in that pair has angles that are much more likely to not reflect light well. The F SI1's are both in the sweet spot for proportions, so there's also a little more tolerance for slight deviations within each diamond.
3. Size: Not a big difference between 0.5 ct and 0.6 ct. If it was the difference between 0.5 and 0.75 ct, I might start thinking about getting the bigger one, but 0.5 vs 0.6 will not make a big difference in visual impact.

I'm glad you're going with IDJewelry! Shulamit is awesome.

md1984

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much for your reply! That is really helpful. Yes, Shulamit is so helpful and patient with my unending stream of questions! Not completely sure yet if I will buy the studs from IDJ but definitely some 3 pointer jackets :lickout:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OP
If you really want all the specs and pictures, call Leslie at BGD, and she will put pairs together for you.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

You'll have to drop to a J color if you want to work with BGD for the prices and diamond weight you're looking at (I'm guessing about $1500 per diamond).

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Don't know about drop in color, but if that is the case Leslie can put together a beautiful pair
Best of luck

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results