shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help Me Choose Between Diamond Pairs For New Studs

Brownie22

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I am looking to purchase a pair of diamond studs from Whiteflash. I would like to keep my budget (stones only, but ideally the whole set) under 2k. I am looking for .80 -1.00 ctw. I am torn between these two options which Whiteflash has confirmed are both eye-clean.

.827 ctw, F, VS1 & SI1, Expert Selects -
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/diamond-pairs-details.aspx?Diamond1=2145439&Diamond2=2813869

.919 ctw, H, SI1, ACA
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/diamond-pairs-details.aspx?Diamond1=114965&Diamond2=114969

My question is, do you think it's worth the extra $400 to upgrade to ACAs even though the color is lower? I like the icy-white look of my F-color engagement ring and I'm not really concerned about the size difference of the two pairs. Whiteflash said they both have excellent light performance and are AGS000.

I am leaning toward the .827 ctw, Expert Selects because I'd really like to save some money and stay under 2k if the difference in quality between the pairs is negligible. If anyone with more knowledge could take a look at the specs and let me know if one is the obvious winner I would be very appreciative.

Thank you!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please Help Me Choose Between Diamond Pairs For New Stud

I like the larger H SI-1 ACA's better in terms of similar patterning compared to each other. But if color is more important to you, then the ES diamonds will be fine also.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd definitely choose the larger H stones for myself, but I have a G color e-ring. Most people can handle lower color for earrings in ideal cut stones because the near colorless stones generally face up pretty white. If you want to have your stones match your e-ring, there is nothing at all wrong with that, either!

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

Thank you both so much for your opinions and guidance! Aside from the comparison between the two sets, do you feel that these are good stones/pairs in general or should I be looking at something else?

Thank you again!

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

WOW, thank you both again for taking the time to research some alternatives.

If I don't worry about matching the color of my engagement ring which do you think is the best overall pair?

- The H's I posted
- Or, any of the pairs you both posted

Thank you thank you!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your feedback and guidance!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I prefer the bigger H SI-1's ACA's that were 1st mentioned. WF has great upgrade policies later on if you want to go bigger w/ better clarity and color.

I just got some 4ctw I SI-1 ACA studs and the cut hides the color so well in this size so I didn't mind going lower on color/clarity to save some $$$!

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

4 ctw - I can only dream!! I hope you enjoy them in good health for a very long time!

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I've been starting to lean toward the H ones as well after hearing from you and Diamondseeker regarding how an excellent cut helps the color.

I thank you again!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You're welcome Brownie! I hope you're still enjoying your eternity band! I just realized we have similar taste in jewelry since you also have a 3 stone and shared prong eternity band, too!

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

I just let Whiteflash know that I'm going with the H-color ACA's. I'm so excited! They should arrive sometime after Thanksgiving. I think they will be my Christmas gift so I may not be wearing them for a while but I'll try to post pictures before then!

Mom2Boys - I looked at your collection and we do very similar taste! Although you definitely have stones in sizes I can only envy :Up_to_something: They are all stunning. I didn't realize that you were the PriceScoper that just posted those AMAZING studs, they are breathtaking. :love:

Diamondseeker, thank you so so so much for your advice. It's so cool to have two "famous" PriceScopers guide me in my selection, I feel lucky!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Brownie--I'll be looking out for a thread on your new WF studs soon! It would be too hard to wait until Christmas to see pics! What setting are you going to put your new studs in? DS is thinking about putting hers in a 4 prong martini style similar to mine.

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

I didn't want to spend extra for custom low-profile basket settings so I ordered the 3-prong martinis. My current pair of .5 ctw are in 4-prong basket settings so I wanted to mix it up a little. I hope I like them.

Are DS's custom? I haven't placed the complete order yet.

My goal is definitely to post pictures when I get them even if they won't be on my ears until Christmas!

Thanks!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS is thinking about changing them from a basket to a martini setting. I think the 3 prong stock martini setting is fine but may sink into your earring hole a little more. If you still like that one, I would see if they could make the prongs more pointy/claw-like on the stock setting if they can.

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

Great idea! I asked them and they are going to sharpen the prongs to make them a little more pointy!

Thank you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is great news!!! I think you made an excellent choice! :appl: I think if you are thinking you may someday upgrade, it is good to just go with the less expensive settings. I am either going to put mine in custom 4-prong martini's like mom2boy's settings or I will go with a custom order low basket like Tiffany has. I had asked for the diamonds to be set low in their stock basket settings, but they couldn't do it. That is why I am having to reset them. And I also always ask for pointed/claw prongs!

Please post some pictures when you get them!!! And thanks for the kind words!

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

Thanks DS! I placed my order and just have to wait now! I will definitely post pictures, I am so excited :appl:

Thank you again DS and Mom2Boys for all of your help!

Brownie22

Rough_Rock
Pictures from Whiteflash!

Whiteflash sent me their pictures! Hoping to have them by early next week! I went with screw-backs because that's what my current studs are and they've worked well for me so I'm hoping these do too.

whiteflash_studs_2.jpg

whiteflash_studs.jpg

Thanks again for your help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!!! :love: :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty! That was lightening fast service, too!

Make sure to post many real life pics when you finally get them!

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

DS, THANK YOU!

Mom2Boys- THANK YOU TOO! I know, I wasn't expecting to get anything until Friday at the earliest. Whiteflash is wonderful!

I'll definitely post real shots when I have them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results