shape
carat
color
clarity

[please help!!!] Lucida band 2mm or 3mm???

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
We just bought the Lucida Diamond engagement ring (not the exact one in the photo but similar carat weight and width) and it is currently getting resized. Now down to the choice of a 2mm Lucida plain band (top one in the photo) or 3mm (bottom one in the photo). My partner has decided his on the 4.5mm Lucida plain band. I think a 2.5mm would be the best for me however Lucida band does not come with such width. Please, help me to choose.

Personally I am kinda lean towards the 2mm although the 3mm doesn't look bad however as the band of the Lucida e-ring slightly narrows from the centre to the side, the 3mm kinda looks wider than the e-ring on the side. But the 2mm really looks thin on its own. ):

imageuploadedbytapatalk1457242612.jpg

PieNecessity

Rough_Rock
I really prefer the 2mm on you - it looks much sleeker and more elegant IMO!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the width of the e-ring band? I guess it's personal preference but the 3mm does look a bit "chunkier" to my eye. Will you be wearing the wedding band alone much of the time? Maybe that would affect the decision?

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
Snowdrop13 said:
What is the width of the e-ring band? I guess it's personal preference but the 3mm does look a bit "chunkier" to my eye. Will you be wearing the wedding band alone much of the time? Maybe that would affect the decision?
Thanks for the reply. I don't know the width of the e-ring band but it looks like it narrows from the center to the side and the side seems to be less than 3mm in my eyes. Maybe I won't be wearing the wedding band alone too many times if I do get the 2mm.

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
PieNecessity said:
I really prefer the 2mm on you - it looks much sleeker and more elegant IMO!
Thanks! My SA said she personally prefers the 3mm on me. But the more I look at the photos I the more I'm leaning towards the 2mm (:

Plus they recently just adjusted (actually reduced) the prices for the Lucida wedding bands this month.
Lucida band 4.5mm AUD2800 (remain unchanged)
Lucida band 3mm AUD2000 (was $2050)
Lucida band 2mm AUD1500 (was $1750)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 2 mm so it doesn't overwhelm or outsize your engagement ring. Will be beautiful rings though no matter what you go with!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the 2mm Lucida band also. What a beautiful set!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are lovely. Personally I prefer the 3 mm band for the oomph and presence.
With your long and slender fingers you can easily pull it off.

BrittyRo

Rough_Rock
I think the 2mm looks beautiful. Gives a nice compliment but doesn't overpower like the 3mm

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2mm better.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy, just by looking at the two pictures you could definitely go either way. I like the 3mm. I don't think it overwhelms your ering at all and it actually gives it more presence and better balance Imo

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
Another vote for 2mm, unless you think you might wear the wedding band alone on a somewhat frequent basis. 2mm is pretty thin all by itself. Another reason I like the 2mm, personal opinion, is that I think the narrow engagement ring solitaire/wide wedding band look is sort of outdated. Like it reminds me of the sets my grade school teachers had in the 80s. Your engagement ring definitely doesn't have that narrow band look, but when looking at bands for myself it was something that stood out to me whenever the wedding band was wider than my engagement ring.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had exactly the same Dilemma! I opted for the 3mm as it looked better on my hand when alone, but do consider if you are planning to add an eternity ring in the future. If you are, I would opt for the 2mm, as I now find with a 3mm wedding ring, 3mm eternity ring & 2.5mm engagement ring, it's too much & too tight in the heat!

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
Alex T|1457303557|4000707 said:
I had exactly the same Dilemma! I opted for the 3mm as it looked better on my hand when alone, but do consider if you are planning to add an eternity ring in the future. If you are, I would opt for the 2mm, as I now find with a 3mm wedding ring, 3mm eternity ring & 2.5mm engagement ring, it's too much & too tight in the heat!

Thanks for the advice! I already tried Lucida e-ring + 2.5mm Channel Diamond band + 3mm Lucida plain band stacked together at the store. Stacking three rings together really wouldn't work on me. Felt really uncomfortable and made me finger looking short. So I don't think I will ever put the three rings together even if I get the 2mm Lucida plain band.

I am usually a size 5 for the ring finger. However when I tried on the 3mm Lucida plain band in size 5 it somehow creates a little muffin top look. Size 5.5 feels more comfortable comparing to size 5 and doesn't seem to be loose (i.e. falling off). As I was initially planning to get the 3mm band in 5.5, I also asked to resize the Lucida e-ring to size 5.5 as well. My SA was suggesting resizing it to size 5.25 however as the band does not come in size 5.25. For uniformity, we changed back to size 5.5

Now I am mostly likely to get the 2mm band and as it's narrower and probably won't sit as high on the meaty part of my finger. Probably a size 5 will work better. Will a size 5.5 e-ring look odd on top of it? Or there won't be much of a difference?

Or I can get a size 5.5 for the 2mm band as well, but if it is a little loose and tends to move around more, will they scratch against each other more? :sick: Maybe I'm being pedantic and thinking too much....size 5.25 and 5.5 really don't differ??

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
2mm .... but I like everything delicate.

susief

Shiny_Rock
I had exactly the same dilemma. My conclusion: 2mm looks better with an e-ring, 3mm looks better alone. Decide how you'll wear it more often and go with that. I went with 3mm as I knew I would wear the band alone a lot, but I don't love the way it looks with an e ring - like sassy pants said, it looks a tiny bit outdated to me.

Another option if you don't mind mixing brands - Cartier do a nice 2.5mm platinum band that would go beautifully.

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
susief|1457306051|4000743 said:
I had exactly the same dilemma. My conclusion: 2mm looks better with an e-ring, 3mm looks better alone. Decide how you'll wear it more often and go with that. I went with 3mm as I knew I would wear the band alone a lot, but I don't love the way it looks with an e ring - like sassy pants said, it looks a tiny bit outdated to me.

Another option if you don't mind mixing brands - Cartier do a nice 2.5mm platinum band that would go beautifully.

Thanks for your input! Lucida Diamond ring is my dream ring so I guess I will be wearing it a lot. Don't think I will be wearing the wedding band alone much of the time. So 2mm is a better fit! (:

I don't mind mixing brands or with other Tiffany bands but my boy being a Taurus has this weird persistent preference of getting everything in a matching set. As he has already decided his on the 4.5mm Lucida band (yes, matching with my Lucida e-ring), I don't really have other option but getting either the 2mm or 3mm Lucida band. LOL He has been so kind and generous to fulfil my dream of a Lucida e-ring, I want him to be happy as well. (:

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
My SA has just confirmed the price reduction in the Lucida band. Looking at the percentage of the reduction, I guess it must be due to the unpopularity of the 2mm band. lol

imageuploadedbytapatalk1457326557.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a pleasant surprise...never thought I'd see a price decrease at Tiffany! I like the 2mm band with the e-ring. I'd just stack another band with the wedding band if you aren't wearing the e-ring, or get a second wider band to wear alone (from somewhere more reasonably priced).

Get the same size in the wedding band. You don't want one ring sticking out more than the other.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2 mm band better with your ering, the diamond stands out more alongside the thinner band imo.

K8tlynS

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to chime in here - I had this exact same dilemma! I am somewhat ocd and wanted my wedding band to be as close of match to the mm width of my engagement ring shank (I believe Tiffany's makes each setting specifically proportioned for whatever carat weight diamond that's going into the setting...). I felt like 3mm was too much metal and 2mm was too slim because I did plan to wear my wedding band alone sometimes. As another poster said, Cartier makes a very similar, very nice plain platinum wedding band that's 2.5mm, so splitting the difference. That's what I went with because I planned to stack with Tiffany's 2.5mm channel set diamond band as well.

img_11001.jpg

img_11003.jpg

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
K8tlynS said:
Just wanted to chime in here - I had this exact same dilemma! I am somewhat ocd and wanted my wedding band to be as close of match to the mm width of my engagement ring shank (I believe Tiffany's makes each setting specifically proportioned for whatever carat weight diamond that's going into the setting...). I felt like 3mm was too much metal and 2mm was too slim because I did plan to wear my wedding band alone sometimes. As another poster said, Cartier makes a very similar, very nice plain platinum wedding band that's 2.5mm, so splitting the difference. That's what I went with because I planned to stack with Tiffany's 2.5mm channel set diamond band as well.
Thanks a lot for the input! Do you mind sharing a picture wearing the Cartier band stacking with your e-ring? Would love to see that! (:

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
K8tlynS said:
Btw, are you "the_hungry_hornist" on Instagram? Coz I believe she got almost the same Lucida ring (0.55 F VS2). (:

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
I just checked the Cartier website and the 2mm platinum wedding band is AUD1,340 (still cheaper than Tiffany's 2mm band even after T reduced their price this month). I can see that the Cartier plain platinum wedding band comes in 2mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm, 5mm. Not sure if they have 4.5mm width band as that's the size my boy picked for his ring. Such a hard choice!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at your first 2 pictures, I choose the 3mm.
If you're undecided and you can split the difference with the 2.5 Cartier that might be perfect for you.
Can't your fiance just get his from Tiffany, so he has the width he prefers?

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
motownmama said:
Looking at your first 2 pictures, I choose the 3mm.
If you're undecided and you can split the difference with the 2.5 Cartier that might be perfect for you.
Can't your fiance just get his from Tiffany, so he has the width he prefers?
Thanks for the input! I just went to the Cartier boutique yesterday to check out their platinum wedding band but the way how they cut the edgy of the ring doesn't look appealing to me. I think I still prefer the Lucida band more. (: Even wearing the Cartier's 2.5mm band alone, it doesn't really look that much better than the 2mm band to me anyway.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - if that's the case I vote 3mm! But - it's personal preference. Obviously peiple here are split. It's going to look lovely either way!! Love Lucida!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - if that's the case I vote 3mm! But - it's personal preference. Obviously people here are split. It's going to look lovely either way!! Love Lucida!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results