shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help looking for a diamond for an engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jpec

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for a modest engagement ring. I really don''t want to spent much over 2200.00 for the diamond. Im looking for a Emerald cut in the .50 to .70 ct range. I have been to some higher quality jewelers in my area (not Kay and the like) and have searched online. I often have seen a great difference between grade and price from the online dealers and local merchants. I am so confused I''m to the point of giving up and getting something from wal-mart (God forbid).
32.gif

Any suggestions would be met with profound gratitude

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 10:18:22 PM
Author:jpec
I have been looking for a modest engagement ring. I really don't want to spent much over 2200.00 for the diamond. Im looking for a Emerald cut in the .50 to .70 ct range. I have been to some higher quality jewelers in my area (not Kay and the like) and have searched online. I often have seen a great difference between grade and price from the online dealers and local merchants. I am so confused I'm to the point of giving up and getting something from wal-mart (God forbid).
32.gif

Any suggestions would be met with profound gratitude
Welcome!

Along with GOG suggested above, check out -

www.whiteflash.com

www.engagementringsdirect.com

www.jamesallen.com

jpec

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion from GOG, but my fiancée actually wants a smaller diamond. She is very active and fears it catching on something. Plus the price eats into my ring budget. I have heard that Excel Diamonds is a good place to look as well, is it generally recommended? How important is depth and table ratios when looking for emerald cuts? Thanks for you help

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2009 8:47:10 AM
Author: jpec
Thanks for the suggestion from GOG, but my fiancée actually wants a smaller diamond. She is very active and fears it catching on something. Plus the price eats into my ring budget. I have heard that Excel Diamonds is a good place to look as well, is it generally recommended? How important is depth and table ratios when looking for emerald cuts? Thanks for you help
You could try Excel, Barry and Judah are very nice to deal with also. I would definitely suggest contacting GOG and asking what else they might have which could suit you. Some use numbers to select EC's, you can use this chart as a guide but don't get hung up on the numbers if you find an EC you love which doesn't quite match up. The rest is down to images and personal preference.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results