shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help! I'm Lost!

wllfthn

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I am in the process of buying an engagement ring and I have to admit that it's been difficult thus far. I'm hoping some of you here can point me in the right direction. I am planning to buy the stone online and have it set by a local jeweler. I have really no knowledge when it comes to gems. I have dicided to get her a sapphire as she isn't interested in a diamond. Unfortunately for me that means all of the research Ive done on diamonds isn't really helping me!

Anyways, I love Montana Sapphires. That's what I plan to buy her. The following link is to the vendor I'm thinking of buying from. The stone I want is on the 13th row, on the right.

http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_montana.html#thumb

I would appreciate any feedback you might have about the stone, the seller or any other information you may have. Thanks in advanced!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wllfthn|1424660270|3836726 said:
Hello all. I am in the process of buying an engagement ring and I have to admit that it's been difficult thus far. I'm hoping some of you here can point me in the right direction. I am planning to buy the stone online and have it set by a local jeweler. I have really no knowledge when it comes to gems. I have dicided to get her a sapphire as she isn't interested in a diamond. Unfortunately for me that means all of the research Ive done on diamonds isn't really helping me!

Anyways, I love Montana Sapphires. That's what I plan to buy her. The following link is to the vendor I'm thinking of buying from. The stone I want is on the 13th row, on the right.

http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_montana.html#thumb

I would appreciate any feedback you might have about the stone, the seller or any other information you may have. Thanks in advanced!

Well just because you love it, that doesn't mean she'll love it. Make sure she loves steely blues first, otherwise, that is a reputable vendor, and he has a good return policy if it doesn't turn out to be what you expected. I would also check it out in various light sources to make sure it looks acceptable you with the color shifts.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
To follow what TL said, I like blue sapphires, but I do not like the typical gray blue or blue green Montana sapphires. Many Montana sapphires also shift color and go more grey depending on their light source.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Have you had a chance to look at Montana sapphires in person? After looking at a few online I thought I would love a certain stone but when I saw it in person I was disappointed. It was beautifully cut but as TL and pregcurious said it had a steely gray aspect that I didn't find appealing. He (Andrew) does have a 7 day inspection period which allows for a refund minus shipping. But I would contact him prior to any purchase and ask him what are his thoughts about the stone and express any concerns you might have.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with all the posters above. Montanas are also the shiftier one in the corundum family and can look blue in one light and gray under another light source.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results