shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help find similar design! (

JinahW

Rough_Rock
I'm falling love with this VERA WANG LOVE collection ring!

verawang_love_4.png

2ct. T.W. Dia 1ct. Round Frame Split Shank Engagement ring in 14K White Gold
Item # 18628313
Center Stone: 1CT
GIA Color: H-I
GIA Clarity: SI2-I1
$9,499.99

But look at the price. :(
Compared to another ring with those specifications, it's too much!

So, i'm looking for the similar desisgn. MUST: double halo & Split Shank,

i found one from bluenile as below but it's not double halo and the gap between bands is kinda narrow.
bluenile_2.jpg

If you know any rings like above Vera Wang design, please share the info with me.
Thank you! :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Easy, what is your budget.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is VERY high maintenance. And very lifestyle unfriendly. Is this style something that the wearer is insistent on?

That setting, in a quality that will last and be wearable for every day is going to cost at least 3500. You SHOULD do platinum for the metal, it is the best metal for that style. And again... it is not a practical size. Particularly for someone who wants kids. Finger sizes fluctuate during pregnancy and that setting is not easily sized. And you will need to baby it when you wear it.

Micro pave is fragile. There are two main styles. Bright cut, where the stones sit in a channel and have some protection. And V-cut (lots of different names for this depending on who you are talking to). The soliste styles (which is what this Vera Wang is copying) is v-cut. You take a straight piece of metal and then you cut v-shaped cups out of it in which to set the stone in.

So right there as an engineer you can see how cutting out a row of cups from a piece of metal creates weakness. So the metal is weakened. Now, white gold is harder than platinum but platinum is stronger. That strength is needed due to the 'cups' that are weakening the metal.

Next is the actual setting of the stones. You are talking TINY stones . The maximum size of the stones in a double halo (and yours will be smaller than this, likely about 1mm each) is 1.3mm for a one point stone. Look at the below:
PaveCloseup1.jpg

Now those stones are 1.3mm or smaller. How big do you think those prongs are holding the stone?

TINY. TEENY TINY. And they do NOT size well. Taking a setting up or down in size is a NICE way to weaken that further.

So you have a bunch of tiny stones, held by microscopic prongs onto a piece of metal riddled with dips that weaken it.

Can you see why that might be fragile? Especially when worn on the hands? Have you ever noticed how often you use your hands and bang them against things like :the bed frame, the kitchen counter, anything you pick up period... It's not ONE single hit that kills the pave. It's HUNDREDS of small ones, every day you wear it. Yes, a finger can exert a lot of pressure and more than enough to knock one of those stones free. Or even crack a diamond itself (I've done this myself, I used to sleep with my pave ring, then in my sleep I hit my ring JUST at the RIGHT angle and cracked a diamond completely).

So you take that. And you make it into a ring that goes around your finger. That's nice low to your finger and protected. And you make sure to keep the width to 2mm for strength. That's fine.

But then you make it into to halo and put it around a stone that is sitting above the finger and you can't keep that to 2mm on the halo, because you want a delicate look. So that gets less safe because of where you wear it and because of the metal being thinner.

Now add another halo. Make the setting MORE awkward and put more out there to bang around and knock about. Not a good idea.

So... what happens with bad pave? Yes, it can break but most of the time unless you've gone stupidly thin on the shank (less than 2mm is stupid for reference) it won't (assuming a sensible platinum setting). But more likely it will not have the strength to handle all that banging around you will lose stones.

I know this from personal experience. I had inferior pave and after a year I only wore it out of the house NEVER in the house. And after 2 years it sat in my jewelry box because every time I wore it a stone would get loose and every three times I wore it, it would lose stones.

Mine was platinum. And handforged. And it was by an artist whose work is featured in museums. But no one here had gotten work from her before.

What did I do? I had it redone by Steven Kirsch. An artist that MANY happy PSers had gotten pave from. And I have not had an issue since.

Yes, ERD has done HUNDREDS of these settings. And I have not heard of anyone having a problem with the quality of the manufacturing or the workmanship of ERD. And I would have heard.

So... yes, a pave double halo is NOT a lifestyle friendly setting. It is not one you want to size since it does have that pave on the shank. And it is a setting that needs to be cared for.

It's a luxury item. Not a workhorse. Wearing pave 24/7 is not recommended.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JinahW|1404538861|3707118 said:
I'm falling love with this VERA WANG LOVE collection ring!

verawang_love_4.png

2ct. T.W. Dia 1ct. Round Frame Split Shank Engagement ring in 14K White Gold
Item # 18628313
Center Stone: 1CT
GIA Color: H-I
GIA Clarity: SI2-I1
$9,499.99

But look at the price. :(
Compared to another ring with those specifications, it's too much!

Is this price for the setting only or for the entire ring?? :confused:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MSOP those rings are usually priced as a whole

This one is my favorite. More money than the other JA halo, so I wouldn't recommend it if your budget is 5k or less, but if its closer to the inspiration ring price, i like this one, more budget friendly than the very high end, but more delicate than the lower end settings.

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/designer-engagement-rings/18k-white-gold-pave-double-halo-engagement-ring-with-pave-split-shank-design-item-41308

I think the double halo looks best with a cushion (just an opinion)
if that was the case they have a few .9-1ct stones between 3-4k that would keep it a few k lower than that ring is.
You could get a .9-1 ct round, but it will cost a few k more.
this one is my fave
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.90-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-319977
This would be 7500, but I'm just randomly guessing at your budget ;-) :))

screen_shot_2014-07-05_at_4.png

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1404594268|3707435 said:
MSOP those rings are usually priced as a whole

This one is my favorite. More money than the other JA halo, so I would recommend it if your budget is 5k or so, but if its closer to the inspiration ring price, i like this one, more budget friendly than the very high end, but more delicate than the lower end settings.

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/designer-engagement-rings/18k-white-gold-pave-double-halo-engagement-ring-with-pave-split-shank-design-item-41308

if that was the case they have a few .9-1ct stones between 3-4k that would keep it a few k lower than that ring is.

this one is my fave
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.90-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-319977

I LOVE that cushion -- and the size difference won't matter since it will be set in a double halo... good call. :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also going to say the example photo i posted was of a 1 ct cushion, i think that size stone seems to fit the double halo well, not too big to look gaudy, not too small to get swallowed up by the halos.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you called ERD?
Ask for Chris, he can put it together for you.
Best of luck.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
If you look at JA for 1 carat diamonds I color and up with SI1 clarity and up you are looking at the same price. I did not recommend the diamond because it is IF I recommended it because it is a low price with what looks to be a beautiful cut.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1404594268|3707435 said:
This one is my favorite. More money than the other JA halo, so I wouldn't recommend it if your budget is 5k or less, but if its closer to the inspiration ring price, i like this one, more budget friendly than the very high end, but more delicate than the lower end settings.

You could get a .9-1 ct round, but it will cost a few k more.
this one is my fave
This would be 7500, but I'm just randomly guessing at your budget ;-) :))

OP, I believe this is the best option -- at least as far as double halo goes... it's hard to find a good cushion, and this one is amazing (if you decide to go with cushion). :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results