shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help! Fancy Yellow Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tamtam

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking for a fancy yellow diamond. I initially wanted an emerald cut - but later found out very few affordable emerald cut fancy yellow have good color. I found what i believe to be a radiant cut.

ct: 1.51
cut: cut -cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant - (Radiant?)
colour: Natural Fancy Yellow
clarity: VVS1
depth: 74%
table: 61%
sym: very good
polish: good
griddle:very thick
culet:
florescence: medium blue
measurements: 6.57 x 5.74 x 4.25 mm
crown:
pavillion:

$6800

Thanks!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/13/2008 12:48:07 AM
Author:tamtam
I''ve been looking for a fancy yellow diamond. I initially wanted an emerald cut - but later found out very few affordable emerald cut fancy yellow have good color. I found what i believe to be a radiant cut.

ct: 1.51
cut: cut -cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant - (Radiant?)
colour: Natural Fancy Yellow
clarity: VVS1
depth: 74%
table: 61%
sym: very good
polish: good
griddle:very thick
culet:
florescence: medium blue
measurements: 6.57 x 5.74 x 4.25 mm
crown:
pavillion:

$6800

Thanks!
Tip:

Cant buy a fancy shaped Diamond based on paper (DiaReport).
Cant buy a fancy colored fancy shaped Diamond based on paper and pictures.

Fancy colored MUST be seen with the eyes (period).

Good luck,

gracioso

Rough_Rock
I think you should increase your budget a bit, but that is just my personal opinion, regarding seeing ring in person helps of course but if you cant, choose the company that offers 30 days returns

dbsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I would have expected the measurements of the diamond to be smaller given the depth percentage. However, the measurements are attractive in comparing 1.50ct fancy yellow rads. The medium blue doesn''t scare me unless there is some real affect on the diamond in natural lighting.

If the color is evenly distributed and you''ve seen the diamond and it has the brilliance and coloration you are looking for then good to go.

Marty
CEO/Pres
DBS Diamonds

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That must be some girdle - or plenty of weight in the pavilion or crown (do you have percentages?). I'd expect that spread from a radiant nearer 1.20-1.30 ct. Shapes with color are often cut shallower or deeper than colorless/near-colorless cuts to better entrap the body color...ergo improved color appearance...but that's a lot of spread to give up.

I would have expected the measurements of the diamond to be smaller given the depth percentage. However, the measurements are attractive in comparing 1.50ct fancy yellow rads. The medium blue doesn't scare me unless there is some real affect on the diamond in natural lighting.
Actually, depth percentage in fancies is not related to spread like it is in rounds - the additional variables mean two stones can have the same spread/carat weight but quite different depths.

MBF in a yellow would bear extra scrutiny from me. Not a deal-breaker but I'd want to know whether or not it appears to influence the color in sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results