shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP! Deciding on wedding band and having difficulty!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fashungirl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I''''m having difficulty posting pics of the 2 diamond eternity bands that I''''m trying to decide on. (I''''ll post links so that you can see which I''''m deciding on)

My e-ring is a knife-edge plain platinum band with a radiant cut solitaire.

Should I get a Radiant Cut Diamond Eternity band OR a Round Brilliant Diamond Garland Eternity Band? I love both and think they both would go well with my e-ring.

A) Radiant Eternity

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-eternity-ring_14703

B) Round Brilliant Garland Eternity

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-eternity-ring-platinum_7639

PLEASE HELP, YOUR OPINIONS ARE VALUED!

fashungirl

Rough_Rock
Here''s a pic of my E-ring to give you guys a better idea of what I''m trying to set the wedding band with. Thanks again guys!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
First off I think they are both gorgeous! If you don''t mind me asking, how large is your solitaire? These are pretty wide wedding bands so you definitely will have lots of finger coverage if you choose either of these! Do you definitely want to wear them together? I love both of them, but I think I may like them as a RHR. Personally, with a knife edge solitaire I would probably get something a little more narrow.

fashungirl

Rough_Rock
My radiant solitaire is 2.4 carats and the band is a plain/thin platinum knife-edge.

The radiant eternity would be .25 carats for each stone.

The garland eternity has a mixture of .12 cts and .25 cts stones.

I realize it might be wide on my finger, but since my e-ring band is so thin, I figured it''d go well together. (thought it might be a look I could get away with)
28.gif

I''m sorry, I don''t why I''m having such issues in uploading pictures!!!

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I think you need to consider how thick/high these bands will be. They will be both tall and wide-I would wear them as a stand alone band. I have the smaller garland eternity ring (2.5 tcw) and I think that size would be better for a wedding band.
I f you want to stick with radiants, I would look at bands that set them horizontally rather than vertically, such as this. And I think in order not to overwhelm your e ring I wouldn''t go much bigger than 3 carats tw.

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/DiamondJewelryDetails.aspx?ID=45&Style=Wedding%20Bands

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the look of the radiant eternity... and I think it will look especially stunning paired with your radiant solitaire.

fashungirl

Rough_Rock
Hi Cakegirl! Do you know if the site you linked is legit and trustworthy? It''s so hard trying to find a trustworthy diamond dealer! It''s been a frustrating search so far!

The Radiant cut eternity is almost impossible to find!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR INCLUDING THAT LINK...B/C THAT RING IS THE EXACT STYLE I''VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!!! The horizontal rectangle radiants are peeeerrrffeeeccttt!!!

I noticed your garland band and it''s pretty!

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t used them, but if you do a search they have a lot of positive feedback on this board.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 6:58:36 PM
Author: cakegirl
I think you need to consider how thick/high these bands will be. They will be both tall and wide-I would wear them as a stand alone band. I have the smaller garland eternity ring (2.5 tcw) and I think that size would be better for a wedding band.
I f you want to stick with radiants, I would look at bands that set them horizontally rather than vertically, such as this. And I think in order not to overwhelm your e ring I wouldn''t go much bigger than 3 carats tw.

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/DiamondJewelryDetails.aspx?ID=45&Style=Wedding%20Bands

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
engagement rings direct is a very well respected PS vendor. As long as they have a return policy then I would go for that one!

How thick/high off the finger does your solitaire stand? That is something else to consider. Some people, like me, hate when their rings are different heights
14.gif
You may not mind!

fashungirl

Rough_Rock
It''s fairly high, but I really don''t mind the height difference between the e-ring and the wedding band.

I really just want something that looks different, compliments my e-ring & SSSHHIIINNNEEESSS! I don''t want anything really dainty, but I don''t want it competing with my e-ring either......it''s a hard decision b/c there''s so many styles out there and not really many that have caught my eye.

I''ve been trying to post pics of my ring, but apparently there''s some sort of system glitch that PS is looking into....hopefully, they''ll correct it soon so I can post pics of my ring.

marykay

Rough_Rock
Hey fashungirl,

Love love love the rings and Blue Nile (that''s one online jewelry that has it right)! The Radiant Eternity band would make for the perfect set with your engagement ring. BUT I do love the originality of that Garland Eternity, so it''s a toughy!

Just remember that round brilliant diamonds are usually..well...more brilliant, because of the way light reflects and refracts within the stone, add that to its gorgeous design and you might have a little too much competition with your engagement ring.

Also, both rings are roughly the same width (6-6.5mm) which isn''t that large when you think about it. It''s about the same size as the diameter of a 1 carat round diamond!

Good luck with the tough call
28.gif

fashungirl

Rough_Rock
I''m still having trouble uploading pics, I''m at my wits end and don''t know what else I need to do to get my pics up here! GGRRR
29.gif

Thanks to everyone who responded......I decided to go with Engagement Rings Direct and decided to go with the radiant eternity horizontally mounted. Gary Friedman is helping me with my purchase.

My question now is "Did I go big enough?"

The eternity band will be 3.2 ctw, .26-.27 carats each stone, ring size 3.5 & 2.8mm width

Will this look big enough next to my solitaire E-ring? (radiant solitaire is 2.35 carats on very thin knife edge setting) Or will it be really thin and overshadowed by my e-ring? I mean I realize my solitaire should be the focus, but I want the eternity band to have a wow factor too. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results