shape
carat
color
clarity

Please give me your opinion on these non-wedding wedding dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello :)

I'm still on the dress hunt and wanted to post some pics. Honest opinions are graciously accepted :)

First: the original dress I posted awhile back
Basquiat_front.JPG

And the back:
Basquiat_back.JPG

And if I dyed it black afterwards:
Basquiat_blackfront.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
And the one my mom loves:
Daffodil_front.JPG

Daffodil_side.JPG

Daffodil_back.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
The most important consideration is a 34" wonderful, amazing set of pearls my mom bought for me for the wedding. They can be doubled or worn long.

Thanks for your opinions :)

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I honestly love the first dress- very unique, and perhaps not what I'd choose for myself, but it's just very cool and still pretty, and it looks great in black although I'd be careful because it could be a bit Morticia Adams-y in black if you don't accessory it right. I also think it would look very pretty in a rich chocolate brown.

Then I saw the second one and I have to say, I love that one even more. It's just a bit more wedding-y while still being quite unique.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Is this at a boutique on Montana in Santa Monica? I think I saw that first dress in the window when I was parking at the Montclair Collection the other day!

Honestly, I think they''re both really cool, tasteful, and high fashion. I like the top of the first dress better, and the bottom of the second. Not that they''d necessarily look good combined, just my initial reaction!

Is the top of the second dress too big on you or something? Maybe that''s what''s bothering me about it. The second is definitely more bridal, but i think it too could be dyed and re-purposed after the wedding.

Are you going to wear a veil?

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
katrina --

Yes! It's on Montana. A place called Morgane Le Fay. I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
LOVE it there
3.gif
. The one they had in the window was yellow with a more wild crinoline layer! I agree with you -- I think the top on the second dress needs to be brought up and altered smaller (I thought something looked funky on it) The second dress is cool because the pulled up parts are on ribbons and can be dropped or pulled up. Also the puffy bottom layer on both dresses can be removed.

I'm not sure about a veil yet - I like them but my FI does not. I'm also waiting on which dress to make a final choice on it.

It is probably worth mentioning that the second one is about half the price of the first one.
6.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
oohh...I really like the second one a LOT!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I just think its perfectly bridal but not at the same time, and I think once its altered it will look totally smashing on you - I think its going to be way more flattering than the first one
1.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I love the second one more. Especially with the 34'' pearl strand you will be gifted to wear. The pearl will compliment that V-neckline beautifully. Another reason why I think #2 better is because its less "busy" than the first. Personally I think simplicity is going to show off your beauty better.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Of the two, I like #1. I really like the bottom of #2, but the top seems shapeless and kind of sack-like (even if altered). The first is more visually appealing and has interesting lines, and the back really works with your figure. I say #1, for sure!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I still love #1! But I don't think you should dye it black afterwards... way too Morticia IMO. Maybe another light color? I think you could even keep it white and still use it again. It's beautiful!!!

I agree with EBree that #2 looks like it would still be very "sack like" and unflattering up top even after it's altered. The bottom part is lovely, but the top part doesn't look like it would look good on anyone.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with mom on this one - I love the second one on you so much!!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
snow_happy,

I love the back of the first dress, your dream dress, but I am not crazy about the front with the tiered layers and the split at the chest. I''m find myself wanting something more bridal too, though it is very ''high art'' looking, whatever that means. I saw an ad for this Carolina Herrera gown which had a similar sheer cap-sleeved top (love that on yours too) and tired ruffles and found myself loving the back view (all they showed in the ad) but then when I went online and saw the front it wasn''t my cup of tea at all. I don''t know how I expected the ruffles to not be present in the front but I guess that''s what I wanted in the look.

Anyway, I love #2 but I agree the top looks a bit big/ill-fitted. Unfortunately, I still think it''s not going to be very shaping up there even after alterations, it just looks like the style of the dress. But I LOVE the bottom of it, and overall I prefer it greatly to #1. I like the back view of dress #1 more though.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for #2. I love the bottom of the dress. I agree that the top is ill-fitting, but overall it''s a more flattering style.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, tough decision but I think #2 is the one I would pick. They''re both beautiful but I don''t love the way #1 splits on top. Either one is really a winner though. I love Morgane Le Fay!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I like #2!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I definitely like #2 better. It looks more bridal. Very pretty!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Both dresses are lovely. I like the uniqueness of #1, but it does not look wedding-like, but still beautiful. The second dress wins my vote slightly...the empire like waist elongates you and the bottom of the dress makes you appear like you are "floating" a bit. Very nice!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer number 2

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the back of the first one... and the front of the second one. So, considering the pearls especially, I would pick number 2. The first one would compete too much with the pearls... or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results