shape
carat
color
clarity

Please explain why Jogia does their videos like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Please explain why Jogia does their videos like this?

Here is a link to where you can find the videos on a few stones:

http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamond_search.php?shape=EMERALD&min=1&max=3&mincol=0&maxcol=0&mincla=0&maxcla=0&mincut=0&maxcut=0&price=&page=1&submit=Search

And from Lestat, here is a link to Quicktime Lite, which you need to run them:

Regarding the videos, I can recommend QT Lite, it''s a simple, free Quicktime alternative for those of you that just want to play movies in your browser without having to put up with all the other garbage that Quicktime wants to install. It''s what I installed to view the Jogia videos when I was looking at their diamonds. Works fine.

You can download the latest version here: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/QT-Lite/1182968126/1

Here''s the Wikipedia article if you want more detail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime_Alternative

---

I''m not being critical or harsh, I just want to know if there is value in a video of an emerald cut doing a 360 degree rotation? There may be a reason I don''t realize and all of you very knowledgeable people do.

I do wish, however, they magnified it a bit, made a longer video and gave it more "top" time.

- and -

Oh, I guess we are all a bit spoiled by the wonderful GOG videos.

Thanks.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you contacted them and talked to them about it?
I have been meaning to contact them and talk to them about adjusting the WB and the lighting a bit but haven''t got around to it yet.

I like the 360 rotation because I can see the pavilion structure but like you wish for more face up time.
I just grab the slider with the mouse and move it back and forth manually to see what I need to see.

They seem to be a good outfit and the title is a little harsh.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Ack, sorry Jogia.

You are right, Storm. I didn't mean for it to come out that way.

O.K., so you do want to see the pavilion. I don't have the knowledge to get much from that, though. If you (or anyone) wants to tell me what to look for - that would be great and much appreciated. I'd love to learn.

No, I haven't contacted them although I do see the point. If it were my business, I'd want to know what works and doesn't work for potential customers. I didn't drop them a note on it as I'm in the U.S. and they are in Australia so I'd probably not be buying from them, so I thought that might be a bit much or over-reaching, perhaps?

If the board here wishes to change the title that is perfectly fine and please go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results