shape
carat
color
clarity

please advise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flush

Rough_Rock

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and am hoping to get some great advice. I think I have found my diamond, but would like another opinion.

2.10 carat round ags0 ideal diamond
I color
VS2
diameter 8.13-8.22
total depth 62.4%
table sze 55.1%
crown angle 35.3
crown height 1.30 or 15.9%
pavilion angle 40.9
pavilion depth 3.55mm
thanks in advance!!!!!

flush

Rough_Rock
one more thing in addition to my original post....Should I be leary about a 62.4% depth?

Thanks!!!!!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
This diamond scores 2.7 on the HCA and is right on the edge of being an AGS0. Experts can explain if you''ll see any difference visually due to this. 2.7 is very good but 2.0 and below is considered to be the best.

The depth doesn''t aid you in terms of making the diamond appear larger than its weight, but it''s also not overly deep. What matters more is the combination of angles. There''s one diamond guide available in bookstores that says not go beyond 61% depth, but this has been proved to be hogwash (and its author convicted of fraud).

How does your diamond compare in price with this one?

flush

Rough_Rock
mine is about 5k less. I was looking at the ags table for how they rate an ideal cut diamond and my specs seem to fall into place. It just seemed like the diameter of 8.13 was smaller than other diamonds that were 2.10 carats. I want to make sure I am not paying for a larger diamond that will look more like a 1.8 or so. If that would be the case than I may look for a smaller diamond with better color.

But, if it is still a very good diamond than I should stop over analyzing and be happy :)

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
No, no, it wouldn''t look like a 1.8 carat. Look at how much smaller a 1.8 is. It might look like a 2.05 with a smaller depth, but I sure couldn''t tell them apart!

flush

Rough_Rock
thank you for your reply! So do you think that is a great stone or good stone? The diamond cert says it''s a triple 0 so it sounds great. I just got nervous after reading some posts about the depth. I just want to make the best decision!!!!!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
I think you have found your stone. Don''t worry about the depth. You should have a nice crown height on your diamond (so a little more depth) which is a good thing! Lotsa fire.

flush

Rough_Rock
thanks for the feedback! This site has TONS of information which can make you crazy and second guess yourself all day. I guess it boils down to your gut instinct. I wanted to make sure I was making a good decision for a life long treasure.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a 2 ct. AGS 0 stone at $5000 less than the one linked is quite a good buy! Good for you!

flush

Rough_Rock
It is less than the ring posted, but the one I am looking at it is not a H&A. Would you take a look at the images for this diamond. I am still a little nervous about the depth %.

hope01.JPG

flush

Rough_Rock
second picture...I could not put them both on the same message

hope02.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this of the 2.10? At any rate, it's not bad. While there is slight leakage, Gary has said the IS pics exaggerate things. What does WF say?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I know which vendor is selling this diamond, what is their verdict on it? It appears to have potential, but I personally would want the opinions of the good people at the vendors as to how it looks in reality.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 12:12:40 PM
Author: Lorelei
I think I know which vendor is selling this diamond, what is their verdict on it? It appears to have potential, but I personally would want the opinions of the good people at the vendors as to how it looks in reality.
Yes.

flush

Rough_Rock
they say it looks good in person and I know they have a great reputation. I guess you put your trust in them :)
All these numbers and percents are new to me and you guys are so knowledgeable I wanted other feedback.

There are so many threads about how an AGS 0 doesn''t always mean a a great stone and sometimes scores low on the HCA. I just want to get the most beautiful diamond I can afford!!!!!

flush

Rough_Rock

what is the average diameter for a 2.10 carat round diamond?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results