shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Advise on these stones

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Hi after a brief break I'm back to purchase an LGD. Please help me evaluate these stones! (@DejaWiz and anyone else who wants to weigh in. thank you.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first and last better than the middle one. At that size, I'm afraid the inclusions will be noticible

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
No to the first one - it has wonky symmetry
Doubtful to the second one - I think it has some dead zones under the table
I like the third one best of the bunch. It wouldn't have perfect H&A symmetry but it's well above average.

If it were my money, I'd probably look for a GCAL 8x stone as they include H&A imaging in the lab report

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
No to the first one - it has wonky symmetry
Doubtful to the second one - I think it has some dead zones under the table
I like the third one best of the bunch. It wouldn't have perfect H&A symmetry but it's well above average.

I agree with this ...the third one appears to have blue nuance.

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Okay consensus sounds like I'm back to the drawing board. I would prefer not to have blue nuance. I would love to get a GCAL 8x stone but I don't even know where to start looking. My budget is up to $9K, with a size around 4-4.5 carats.

Here are some others I've found that are not GCAL, what do you all think of these:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Okay consensus sounds like I'm back to the drawing board. I would prefer not to have blue nuance. I would love to get a GCAL 8x stone but I don't even know where to start looking. My budget is up to $9K, with a size around 4-4.5 carats.

Here are some others I've found that are not GCAL, what do you all think of these:

The E color may have very slight blue nuance.

The D color isn't proportioned great...it's good, but not great. I wouldn't risk the potential for added obstruction and paddling with the 40.4/34.4 combo.

njblinger

Rough_Rock
I'm okay with slight blue nuance. Do you think E has great proportions and worth looking at?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here's a 4.05 D VVS2 with a 40.8/35.0/56 combo, 75 lowers, and 15.5 crown height for just under $7k at L-G-D.com

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
4.45 E VVS2 HPHT - definitely NO blue nuance for just under $8200 - same site, same proportions and angles reported by GIA

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If you don't mind a little warmth and want to save a bundle:
4.34 I VS1 HPHT with a 40.8/35.0/56 combo and H&A designation for under $4200

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
If you don't mind a little warmth and want to save a bundle:
4.34 I VS1 HPHT with a 40.8/35.0/56 combo and H&A designation for under $4200

This may be the same one I saw on another site today for even less (around $3500). I was tempted, but I just don't need another one this size.

njblinger

Rough_Rock
This is great @DejaWiz! I'm really torn between the E and D. I currently have a J and looking to get something really bright and a much higher color.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This is great @DejaWiz! I'm really torn between the E and D. I currently have a J and looking to get something really bright and a much higher color.

I think either will be icy white...you just have to decide on diameter. :)

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I went from a J to an E, its shockingly different lol

njblinger

Rough_Rock
I went from a J to an E, its shockingly different lol

Was it a good shock lol. Did you like the brightness? I'm leaning toward the 4.45 ct. I currently have a 3.29 ct EG diamond and I think the larger size will make it more noticeable.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Was it a good shock lol. Did you like the brightness? I'm leaning toward the 4.45 ct. I currently have a 3.29 ct EG diamond and I think the larger size will make it more noticeable.

I meant more like, you won't be able to tell the difference between the D/E, they are both whiteeee! It was a good shock, but I'm not going to lie, there is *something* special about the warmer J, I actually don't prefer one or the other. It's not that I cannot tell the difference in color, because I can, but I don't view one better than another now that I've had both. I solely went for a higher color because, well, why not with LGD prices, but if I had to do it again, I would not limit myself from any color between D-J. Hope that makes sense :razz:

decogilmore

Rough_Rock
I know it’s been a while, but did you ever decide on a stone? I’m vicariously living through posts like yours until I can get my own!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results