shape
carat
color
clarity

Please advise on these 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Welsh Girl

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys
I need you help to pick one of these 2, which do you think is the better of the two.
I am so new to this but I think I am learning very slowly.

No 1....
Carat Weight: 1.02
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth%: 58.8
Tabe %: 61
Symmetry: G
Polish: VG
Girdle: VTN-M
Culet: N
Fluorescence: F
Measurements: 6.55-6.52x3.84
Cut Grade: Excellent

No 2...
Carat Weight: 1.00
Depth%: 61.2
Table %: 62
Symmetry: VG
Polish: EX
Girdle: M-STK
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 6.43-6.41x3.93

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2008 2:34:31 PM
Author:Welsh Girl
Hi Guys
I need you help to pick one of these 2, which do you think is the better of the two.
I am so new to this but I think I am learning very slowly.

No 1....
Carat Weight: 1.02
Depth%: 58.8
Tabe %: 61
Symmetry: G
Polish: VG
Girdle: VTN-M
Fluorescence: F
Measurements: 6.55-6.52x3.84

No 2...
Carat Weight: 1.00
Depth%: 61.2
Table %: 62
Symmetry: VG
Polish: EX
Girdle: M-STK
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 6.43-6.41x3.93
Can you check that you haven't reversed the depth and table percents on the first diamond please? From my first glance, especially if the numbers on the first diamond are correct, I would say to pass on these. Also if a girdle measurement reads very thin, an expert needs to evaluate the diamond to advise if it is a potential durability issue or not. Also we need the crown and pavilion angles to give you meaningful advice on a diamond, so for future diamonds that info is important if you can get it. The tables are larger than many prefer here, a good range is 54- 57 or even 58% but many prefer 54 - 57%. The first diamond is also shallow if the depth is 58.8, 60 - 62.4% is my preferred range for depth.

Welsh Girl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help, as I said I am quite new to this.

What should I be looking for, I would like a 1 ct I want to pay around $4000 to $4500 please can you give me an idea so I don''t make a very expensive mistake.

thanks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2008 2:54:19 PM
Author: Welsh Girl

What should I be looking for, I would like a 1 ct I want to pay around $4000 to $4500 please can you give me an idea so I don't make a very expensive mistake.

thanks
Ok no problem!

First, concentrate on AGS0 cut grade and GIA Excellent cut grade diamonds, as this should help you to find a lovely diamond more easily. GIA Excellent diamonds can vary, so it is best to evaluate each on their own proportions to find the best ones, rather than rely on the cut grade so much. AGS seem to be tighter according to their performance based grading. Here are some numbers you can use to help you.

depth - 60 - 62.4% which is my preferred max depth
table 54- 57%
crown angle - 34 - 35 degrees
pavilion angle - 40.6 - 41 degrees
Polish and symmetry - very good and above

note - with the crown and pavilion angles, make sure to evaluate with Idealscope images and trusted vendor input to make sure that angles on the shallower ends ( cr 34- pav 40.6) and steeper ( cr 35- pav 41) work in harmony together.

Colour and clarity - this is a personal preference, but you can go down to a middleground G or H or even a bit lower to I or J and still have a very white diamond. Clarity - VS down to a SI1 or even SI2 if verified eyeclean to your specifications by a trusted vendor. The lower ends such as I or J SI2 can give you the best bang for the buck perhaps, if the cut is great you will have a fab diamond. But the choice in the end is yours, how you prioritise the rest of the C's, but make sure you pay attention to cut.

Is your budget just for the diamond, or for the setting too?

Here are a few examples!

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-636625.htm

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3903/

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies2008/ags0009275009/index.htm

Welsh Girl

Rough_Rock
Hi

My budget is for the Diamond only, thanks for all the infomation just blown me away, its a lot to take in.

I was hoping to get somthing from Abazias as they have said I can collect in person.

Thanks
Amanda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2008 3:29:37 PM
Hi

My budget is for the Diamond only, thanks for all the infomation just blown me away, its a lot to take in.

I was hoping to get somthing from Abazias as they have said I can collect in person.

Thanks
Amanda
I understand! See if Abazias sell AGS0 cut grade and GIA Excellent, they will help you through the process. It IS a lot to take in initially, but time spent reading and researching is well worthwhile when you have your gorgeous rock on your finger!

Welsh Girl

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 3:41:07 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 5/22/2008 3:29:37 PM
Hi

Thanks
Amanda
I understand! See if Abazias sell AGS0 cut grade and GIA Excellent, they will help you through the process. It IS a lot to take in initially, but time spent reading and researching is well worthwhile when you have your gorgeous rock on your finger!
Lorelei Thank you so much for all your help x

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome, just let us know if you need any more help!
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 3:02:59 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 5/22/2008 2:54:19 PM

What should I be looking for, I would like a 1 ct I want to pay around $4000 to $4500 please can you give me an idea so I don''t make a very expensive mistake.

thanks
Ok no problem!

First, concentrate on AGS0 cut grade and GIA Excellent cut grade diamonds, as this should help you to find a lovely diamond more easily. GIA Excellent diamonds can vary, so it is best to evaluate each on their own proportions to find the best ones, rather than rely on the cut grade so much. AGS seem to be tighter according to their performance based grading. Here are some numbers you can use to help you.

depth - 60 - 62.4% which is my preferred max depth
table 54- 57%
crown angle - 34 - 35 degrees
pavilion angle - 40.6 - 41 degrees
Polish and symmetry - very good and above

note - with the crown and pavilion angles, make sure to evaluate with Idealscope images and trusted vendor input to make sure that angles on the shallower ends ( cr 34- pav 40.6) and steeper ( cr 35- pav 41) work in harmony together.

Colour and clarity - this is a personal preference, but you can go down to a middleground G or H or even a bit lower to I or J and still have a very white diamond. Clarity - VS down to a SI1 or even SI2 if verified eyeclean to your specifications by a trusted vendor. The lower ends such as I or J SI2 can give you the best bang for the buck perhaps, if the cut is great you will have a fab diamond. But the choice in the end is yours, how you prioritise the rest of the C''s, but make sure you pay attention to cut.

Is your budget just for the diamond, or for the setting too?

Here are a few examples!

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-636625.htm

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3903/

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies2008/ags0009275009/index.htm
36.gif
36.gif
I wanna grow up to be like Lorelei!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results