shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rarestone

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Will platinum rings change colour (marked 900)? I need help with this one...? SEE GREEN ARROW.

___0000000aaabc.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
depends on the alloy? Pt900 does not really tell us anything about what the 10% metals used in the alloy are. It just tells us that 90% of the alloy, by weight, is Pt.

rarestone

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 3:37:37 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
depends on the alloy? Pt900 does not really tell us anything about what the 10% metals used in the alloy are. It just tells us that 90% of the alloy, by weight, is Pt.

Perhaps it''s 900 parts platinum and 100 parts with cobalt or ruthenium for increased hardness. Thanks I appreciate your help.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It looks like something that might be polished off easily... I don''t know what might have caused the stain, but it is possible to stain precious metals with various chemicals; I''m told by our bench jeweler that the strangest stain he''s seen on metal is blood, but maybe he''s just yanking my chain.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results