shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum or WG for DBTY Bracelet?

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I'm working with Whiteflash to custom make a DBTY bracelet. I've read through many of the DBTY threads on here. Most everyone recommends Platinum, however I've seen where two PS vendors have actually recommended White Gold for bracelets which I found interesting.

What do you all think? White Gold or Platinum and what are your reasons why?

Thank you!
Rachel

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Bump

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to have a DBTY Bracelet made..and I was told white gold would be better if I snagged it on something.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White gold- platinum is heavier and more expensive and doesn’t stay shiny, in my experience.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nickel-free White Gold (palladium blend) or platinum for me.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much!! I’m assuming 18kt is better than 14kt WG?

The quotes for larger melee came out higher than I anticipated so WG is good to hear :)

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!! I’m assuming 18kt is better than 14kt WG?

The quotes for larger melee came out higher than I anticipated so WG is good to hear :)
Nope. 14k is better than 18k. 14k is harder and less squishy. That is a good thing. It will also have a less yellow base color as it contains less yellow gold. 14k is the best option.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Glad I asked, thank you!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White gold is less likely to stretch with regular wear over time.

White gold is more likely to snap under sudden pressure (ex. chain gets snagged pulling a sweater off, toddler has a grabby moment) than platinum: the platinum chain will stretch - elastically deform - before links break.

Which is better? Depends on the piece and your priorities. I chose platinum for my DBTY bracelet/anklet because I was concerned that wouldn’t notice such a delicate piece snapping and falling off.

Last edited:

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much @yssie, this is incredibly helpful as I do have a two year old...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of my DBTY bracelets are platinum. Have worn them pretty consistently for 7 years without incident.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results