shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum baguette eternity band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
A fellow Pricescoper has an amazing eternity band made of diamond baguettes of about 2.25 carats set in platinum. (3mm wide) It is amazing and made by one of the most prestigious jewelers in the world. As such the band is out of my price range.
32.gif
My question is where can I buy a similar band of the very best quality but for a non-branded price. My main concern is that poorly cut baguettes are flat, dirty and dead looking quickly. Any ideas?
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Leon has made some lovely step cut eternities. The one I love is about 6K, but it has really high carat weight. Also Singlestone had one I loved (someone had bought it and posted it) a while back, so they are worth a call. Look at FirenzeJewels.com they are a good browsing site. So is Solomon Brothers. You can have anything you like custom made of course. If it were me, and I wanted custom I'd be really flexible on the measurements of the baguettes and just ask the jeweler for a qoute based on whatever dimension baguettes they could get a good deal on/or had in stock (if any). And ask them what style would save you money. Facets raised their prices, but they had some nice bands... worth a look. And I'd give Pearlmans a look and a call even if you don't see something you love. Bill can get a lot of things in.

Best bet, if what you want is a classic style is Ingwer or Stuller for affordability. Unique Settings of NY, if done by a good jeweler can be nice, but a little clunky. I think Vatche has one. And there is another designer I am drawing a complete blank on... which is bugging me bugging me cause they have really lovely work.

Be careful how they are set... I have a baguette eternity my FMIL gave me and it is VERY prone to breakage because of the way the stones are set. When I asked a couple jewelers for repair options for the broken diamonds in it, they told me it was just going to keep breaking on me and I was better off just pulling the diamonds out and resetting them or leaving it be.

Whole point of that was... since it is such a classic you might want to look at pre-owned bands (Topazery, Pearlmans, Langs Antiques).

ETA: My favorite Leon: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=472

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you looking for a vertically set or horizontally set band?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 12:38:13 AM
Author: decodelighted
Are you looking for a vertically set or horizontally set band?

horizontally--baguettes set end to end

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy--WOWZA! now that is stunning. Does it seem "fragile"? The one I was looking at was channel set--seems safer...............

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s your budget for the band. And how wide (mm''s) do you want it.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 12:57:01 AM
Author: Gypsy
What''s your budget for the band. And how wide (mm''s) do you want it.

Dream: I wanted 3.5 to 4mm wide. 3 to 3.5 carats. I didnt want spend more than about $6500.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 12:56:46 AM
Author: bgray
Gypsy--WOWZA! now that is stunning. Does it seem 'fragile'? The one I was looking at was channel set--seems safer...............
I know! That Leon had me staring for like an hour the first time I saw it. It knocked me for a COMPLETE loop. I'd baby the heck out of it, if it were mine though. Channel set or bar set does seem safer... my band is bezel set though, which you would THINK would be safe and it's not (just a strange 'unique' bezel experiment as far as I can figure).

6500 could get you Leon. At what carat weight, I don't know. But it is worth a call. He would be picky about how matchy the baguettes are. God knows the man is meticulous. It's just going to be a matter of price.

If you went custom... I would pick someone really fussy. The fussiest jewelers I know are Leon and Brian Gavin and Mark Morrell. Completely different personalities, but all three are just really super attention oriented and it shows in their work. You don't need a master pave setter though for this project... and a CAD set up would probably be a benefit in terms of precision. I know, from having worked with him that Brian 'gets' how anal PSers are. Bill Pearlman gets it too so I'd just call him, he started the "Pearlmans Collection" of goods and they are nice quality from what I can tell. Mark Morrell has some interesting quirks, but his metal work is impeccible and he has a CAD set up. Worth a call if you like his style.

Oh talking about Precision have you looked at Precision Set?

I'd get a couple of pictures together of bands I like. I don't know if having a thin bar of metal between each baguette would make it safer or cheaper, but what I would do is just send out an email to whichever jewelers you like, as you have been on PS to know the jewelers and their reputations and thier competencies, asking if what you want, in platinum at the carat weight you want in F/G VS (completely eyeclean) and perfectly matched is do-able, attach the pics, and ask them for suggestions if it isn't do-able. But I would also request a phone appointment, and talk to each jeweler. Just talking with them will help you a lot. It does me. I can immediately feel who I am going to be happy working with.

I don't know where you are but Dimend Scaasi is another option. They have some mixed reviews, but they are an Infinity dealer and have some PS experience (they used to post) and they seem to have a good bench (the iffy reviews have been never negative about the quality of the work). I spoke to them once a long time ago, but I had reasonably a good impression. They just don't set outside stones in their settings, so I never followed up with them.

Can't wait to see the final product.
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza that leon ring is awesome!

bgray have you seen Lestat''s fiance''s ring? It is a leon with baguette I think and they are bar set...

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 1:54:30 AM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 3/21/2010 12:56:46 AM

Author: bgray

Gypsy--WOWZA! now that is stunning. Does it seem ''fragile''? The one I was looking at was channel set--seems safer...............
I know! That Leon had me staring for like an hour the first time I saw it. It knocked me for a COMPLETE loop. I''d baby the heck out of it, if it were mine though. Channel set or bar set does seem safer... my band is bezel set though, which you would THINK would be safe and it''s not (just a strange ''unique'' bezel experiment as far as I can figure).

6500 could get you Leon. At what carat weight, I don''t know. But it is worth a call. He would be picky about how matchy the baguettes are. God knows the man is meticulous. It''s just going to be a matter of price.

If you went custom... I would pick someone really fussy. The fussiest jewelers I know are Leon and Brian Gavin and Mark Morrell. Completely different personalities, but all three are just really super attention oriented and it shows in their work. You don''t need a master pave setter though for this project... and a CAD set up would probably be a benefit in terms of precision. I know, from having worked with him that Brian ''gets'' how anal PSers are. Bill Pearlman gets it too so I''d just call him, he started the ''Pearlmans Collection'' of goods and they are nice quality from what I can tell. Mark Morrell has some interesting quirks, but his metal work is impeccible and he has a CAD set up. Worth a call if you like his style.

Oh talking about Precision have you looked at Precision Set?

I''d get a couple of pictures together of bands I like. I don''t know if having a thin bar of metal between each baguette would make it safer or cheaper, but what I would do is just send out an email to whichever jewelers you like, as you have been on PS to know the jewelers and their reputations and thier competencies, asking if what you want, in platinum at the carat weight you want in F/G VS (completely eyeclean) and perfectly matched is do-able, attach the pics, and ask them for suggestions if it isn''t do-able. But I would also request a phone appointment, and talk to each jeweler. Just talking with them will help you a lot. It does me. I can immediately feel who I am going to be happy working with.

I don''t know where you are but Dimend Scaasi is another option. They have some mixed reviews, but they are an Infinity dealer and have some PS experience (they used to post) and they seem to have a good bench (the iffy reviews have been never negative about the quality of the work). I spoke to them once a long time ago, but I had reasonably a good impression. They just don''t set outside stones in their settings, so I never followed up with them.

Can''t wait to see the final product.
35.gif

I need to do some online searching again now that I have some names....and yes Dreamer, Lestats ring is beautiful but a little too contemporary/modern for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results