shape
carat
color
clarity

Plan B Proposal Idea – Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TForce95

Rough_Rock

Hello all,

I’ve been hanging around PS for a while doing research for a ring, so the next logical step is to move on to the proposal. It looks to me that my Plan A is not going to happen, so I wonder what you all think about my Plan B.

Plan A was pretty basic. I had been trying to set up a short vacation for myself and my girlfriend either the end of May or beginning of June, to San Diego or San Francisco. We both need a vacation, and these would be fairly cheap trips for us. While there, I would propose to her when the mood was right. Unfortunately though, our schedules don’t seem to make a trip possible. And, more importantly, I haven’t been able to find a good enough ring. I’m looking for a pink sapphire at least 2.5 cts in size, and it’s been tough to come by. I’ve asked Jeff White to see if he can locate and cut one for me, so I’m playing the waiting game. In the meantime though, I feel I need to propose to her more and more every day, because I don’t know how long it’s going to take to find a stone. And it’s not that she’s pushing me to ask though! I feel the need to propose to her sans ring not because I want to get it over with, but because I love her and I don’t want her to have to keep waiting and feeling as though it’s not going to happen. That brings me to Plan B.

For some reason, I really like my Plan B, but it might be the rose colored glasses I’m wearing. Like most couples, we have a lot of pictures of us together, from vacations, sporting events, family functions, etc. I would like to take 15-20 of those photos of us together, in various sizes, and put them in a clear photo frame to look like a collage. On the back of some of those photos though, I would profess my love for her, and ask her to marry me. I was then going to give her the frame as “something I put together for her”. As she looked at the photos, I would hand her one more loose photo, along with a pen, and ask her to answer the question yes or no. When she asks what question, I’d flip the frame over, get on a knee in front of her, and ask her to marry me. Hopefully she’ll write yes on the photo and we can add it to the collage. I’m pretty sure she will.

I’m not too concerned about not having a ring, because she’ll love the amount of research I’ve done trying to find one. I’m still trying to figure out if I should give her a temporary ring just for the occasion, but that feels too much like a “promise ring” scenario, and quite frankly I think we’re too old for that ( we’re in our early to mid-30’s). But if any of you have some thoughts on this too, feel free to let me know.

I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks for the input!

-TForce

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, I think it's a sweet idea. Well done for coming up with something so original!
36.gif

I think a stand-in ring would be a good idea though. No matter how old we are, women dream of having a ring on their finger when they are proposed to. She could always make it her right hand ring later. Go for something simple and pretty. A topaz or even a moonstone might be nice. The ladies over at the colored stone forum could definitely help you out.
Sometimes women end up not liking the setting of their engagement ring. I think she'll be happy to pick out her perfect ring. I know I would.
1.gif

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Aaaaaaaaaaw! The photo idea is AMAZING.

I am 34 so I know what you mean “you don’t want to give her something that looks like a promise ring” but perhaps a simple band that could be a used as a traveling ring. Perhaps the two of you may travel to places where a 2.5 c sapphire wouldn’t be prudent to wear about.

I love how excited you are to let this woman know you want to spend the rest of your life with her.
36.gif

TForce95

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses! You both gave me some good info to think about. I kind of thought having a “stand-in” ring might be a good way to go, so I’m glad you agree with me there. And if I can find one that could double as a traveling ring when needed, that might be better. I never even thought to consider that a big ring might not be prudent to wear while traveling or doing something where she wouldn''t want to wear a big ring. But a nice band could substitute on those occasions. I almost asked her over the holiday, but one more day to find a nice band can’t hurt. Thanks again!
2.gif

-TForce

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Yea! Let us know what happens
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results