shape
carat
color
clarity

Plan A failed need a plan B!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pascual

Rough_Rock

Hi all,

My GF has been away on a medical mission trip for 9 weeks. Plan A I was going to surprise her in London during her layover propose then fly back. I ditched that idea because of the difficulty now in flying due to the bombing and not being able to delay her ticketƒ¼ I am having a hard time thinking of something else since I spent so much thought on the previous idea.

She and I have been planning an evening of ¡§I love Lucy¡¨ when she returns (she is a fanatic, has all the seasons). Her thought is she is going to fall asleep in my arms watching Lucy. I was thinking of waiting till she is asleep turn off the TV and in candle light gently wake her and propose. I know it will be a complete surprise, and she will be in the romantic mood. It just seems so simple in comparison to London that I just don¡¦t know if it good enough.

Also I do not know I love Lucy well is there an episode that would be good for the event?

Thanks

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
That sounds like a cute idea!!! I would melt if my beau did that to me!

I grew up around "I Love Lucy." The one episode that I can think of is called "The Matchmaker." Though, it''s kind of a "back-fire" situation which Lucy seems to always get herself into.

This is a googled description of the episode

Lucy invites Dorothy Cook and Sam Carter to dinner so the women can trap Sam into proposing to Dorothy before he leaves for California in the morning. Lucy plans to show him what it''s like to be married by serving a home cooked meal while checking on a sleeping quiet baby and listening to romantic music. Her plan is that the Ricardos and Mertzes will portray examples of happily married couples, though Ricky is unaware of this. When he gets home, Lucy greets him with "How''s my little hubsband?" (which is the same phrase used in "My Favorite Husband"). Ricky has a headache but Lucy tells him Dorothy and Sam are coming over. He suspects her of messing with their romance and because he has a recording session in the morning, he''d like to get to bed by 10 pm. Lucy pleads that this is his one night off and she thinks it''ll do him a lot more good to sit around and relax and have a few laughs...a few chuckles...a little snicker. When the couple arrives, Ricky infers that Lucy is not present yet because it takes women a long time to get ready and tells Sam he''s clever to have not gotten married yet. When Lucy comes in, sticking to her plan of how wonderful marriage is, she even breaks her own rule of not disturbing the baby while he''s asleep, and allows Dorothy and Sam to see the child. She encourages her plan further by saying that the couple would have beautiful children. But while checking the baby, Lucy''s dinner burns and her calls of dismay wake the baby into crying. When she returns from quieting the baby she finds that Dorothy has fixed something to eat. Ricky wants to get to sleep and he and Lucy argue with her wanting him to stay up and visit and act happily married if it kills him! This forces Dorothy to reveal that their plan is ruined, but despite Lucy''s meddling in the romance, he tells Sam how he feels about marriage. He would do it again but gives a distorted view on wedded bliss. He implies that wives are economical, by serving left-overs; marriage is a wonderful mystery, because the wives never let you see anything but the face they married, by covering their other face at night with cold cream. In the morning the wife will stagger into the kitchen with wire cages in her hair and serve a glass full of orange seeds, raw bacon and burned toast with coffee that tastes like mud. Fred and Ethel arrive, acting like lovebirds, even though they''ve been married 25 years. Lucy tells Ethel it''s too late and she and Ricky argue over her butting into other people''s business causing Dorothy and Sam to leave, having their own yelling spree as they depart. The next morning, Lucy awakens with her appearance fitting Ricky''s prior distorted description, and serves the breakfast food, prepared the terrible way he described it the previous night. He informs her she has both made breakfast and is looking just like she usually does, causing them to argue over her matchmaking the prior night. He leaves to eat downtown and she tells him he can stay down there too. Lucy goes to Ethel''s for the third time that night saying he''s not home yet. Fred comes in uttering "What in Sam hill''s all the commotion about?". Lucy says she called the Club and Ricky had left there 2 hours ago. Fred suggests he''s staying away long enough to give Lucy a good scare so she decides that if that''s what he''s doing, she won''t be there when he gets home, to give Ricky a good scare. She''ll stay at Ethel''s, but tired Fred will go to the Ricardo''s to care for Little Ricky and sleep in Lucy''s bed. Ricky is seen by Lucy as he comes home with candy and flowers, so the girls go to Lucy''s and find Ricky apologizing to a covered up Fred. Ricky asks this "Lucy" to forgive him, to whom Fred says, "I forgive you darling", causing Lucy and Ethel to enter the bedroom laughing. Ricky is angry at being laughed at and heads out to leave, but a telegram arrives from Dorothy and Sam saying that if the Ricardos can put up with each other for 13 years, there must be something to marriage so they are giving it a try. Lucy and Ricky kiss and makeup.
Cast: Sarah Selby as Dorothy Cooke; Milton Frome as Sam Carter; Bennett Green as messenger; Joseph (and Michael) Mayer as Little Ricky

Pascual

Rough_Rock
Haha! I remember that one. I was told by her sister that "The Long Long Trailer" would be good. Ricky and Lucy go on their Honeymoon....I think I have not seen it. But is suppose to be one of my GF Favorites. I will let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results